Vinyl Me Please Classics

C’mon, next month be Wayne Shorter’s The All Seeing Eye.

...it won’t be.

It's going to be the anthology pt2 where they send us all the messed up sleeves from anthology pt1 but with completely random records they can't sell normally shoved inside.

Realistically I'm hoping for a relatively deep cut that's still decent pre-liberty era.

C’mon, next month be Wayne Shorter’s The All Seeing Eye.

...it won’t be.

Personally, I'm rooting for Ike Quebec - Heavy Soul. Most recent pressing is 1995 from Japan.
I too, highly doubt this is the pick but a man can dream can't he?

I'd be in favour of either of those. My blind guess is Herbie Hancock - My Point of View.

Personally, I'm rooting for Ike Quebec - Heavy Soul. Most recent pressing is 1995 from Japan.
I too, highly doubt this is the pick but a man can dream can't he?
Man, I’d be so down for this pick.
I’ll join in on this dream.

I'd be in favour of either of those. My blind guess is Herbie Hancock - My Point of View.
Herbie’s name was popping up when in discussion with the Blue Note month. This seems like a more likely pick than Shorter and Quebec.

A Blue Note record is one of the few labels that might get me to rejoin. I'm hoping they do Donald Byrd - A New Perspective, but I doubt it seeing as we already have had 2 Byrd records in the past.

A Blue Note record is one of the few labels that might get me to rejoin. I'm hoping they do Donald Byrd - A New Perspective, but I doubt it seeing as we already have had 2 Byrd records in the past.
There’s no way they will do Donald Byrd. Impossible. But it would be awesome to get great pressing of A New Perspective via VMP!

I’m so happy we have another Blue Note exclusive coming our way too! 🔥🤟🤗

What were the six rejected Anthology records?

The Mobley, Morgan or Patton would all be great:
Bop: Bud Powell - The Amazing Bud Powell, Vol. 2
Hard Bop: Hank Mobley – Roll Call
Post Bop: Lee Morgan –The Procrastinator
Soul Jazz: Big John Patton – Got a Good Thing Goin’
Fusion: Eddie Henderson –Heritage
Modern: Robert Glasper – In My Element

The Mobley, Morgan or Patton would all be great:

You are right, those would be great. However, The Procrastinator and Roll Call do already exist in Music Matters form. Not sure if the disqualifies them?

In any event, there is a such a wealth of great Blue Note records that are deserving of a quality reissue. Just look at all of the albums the Tone Poet series is digging up. I hadn't heard of most of them before this series brought them to my attention.

You are right, those would be great. However, The Procrastinator and Roll Call do already exist in Music Matters form. Not sure if the disqualifies them?

In any event, there is a such a wealth of great Blue Note records that are deserving of a quality reissue. Just look at all of the albums the Tone Poet series is digging up. I hadn't heard of most of them before this series brought them to my attention.

You are likely correct on VMP not doing titles already done by MM. Although, VMP did an exclusive of Griffin's A Blowin' Session when there was a readily available Music Matters 45RPM of it, but that was an exclusive not a RotM and VMPs thinking on that type of stuff is so inconsistent.

Based on what I can remember from the old forum, I think it's most likely a lesser known title by a major star that hasn't had an audiophile reissue recently, so Hancock's My Point of View or Shorter's All Seeing Eye would be the front runners, but without some clues, who can say?

Last edited:
You are likely correct on VMP not doing titles already done by MM. Although, VMP did an exclusive of Griffin's A Blowin' Session when there was a readily available Music Matters 45RPM of it, but that was an exclusive not a RotM and VMPs thinking on that type of stuff is so inconsistent.

Based on what I can remember from the old forum, I think it's most likely a lesser known title by a major star that hasn't had an adiophile reissue recently, so Hancock's My Point of View or Shorter's All Seeing Eye would be the front runners, but without some clues, who can say?
Yeah I wouldn't factor MM in as I think the overlap is probably pretty small. If Blue Note isn't worried about it cutting into their BN80 sales (which have several overlaps with MM) I don't think VMP would be.

I love the Isely Bros, but was thinking of swapping for Al Green this month and waiting until next month to grab this one. This should definitely be available for swaps next month right?
I’m thinking so, but it’s never a sure thing with Classics these days. Although if Al Green is still available than I’m sure Isley Brothers will be too.

I love the Isley Bros, but was thinking of swapping for Al Green this month and waiting until next month to grab this one. This should definitely be available for swaps next month right?
It's sold out now. Although Al Green sold out that month and came back for what it's worth.

Back