Vinyl Me Please Classics

Anyone know what kind of sleeve Roberta Flack came in? I know a lot of people don't like the sealable sleeves, but I think they look neat on the shelf. Plus, it keeps the kids from hiding anything else inside with the records. The one for Flack is the perfect type of resealable Oversized sleeve I've been looking for. The ones on amazon are a good 2-3 inches larger. The Flack is just a nice half inch more.

Speaking of vmp cs/ record counts, where is Nathan anyway?
I’m still here but I’ve been busy with work! In the last 2-3 months, I’ve been working day shift and night shift to fund for a trip I did last month for 5 weeks! 😜🏖

It’s so freaking hard paying rent, bills + gym, fines etc whilst also trying to save up quickly for a trip! I’m exhausted and haven’t had the energy to be active on here! 🐌🥱

Never again am I doing 16 hours of work a day consecutively, and never again am I going to be renting whilst also trying to travel (didn’t help that I still ate out for dinner most nights and went out on the weekends)!

I’m back to normal work hours and got a new job where I’m working 12pm-7pm! I start the new job on the 4th of January and because it’s $39 an hour, I’ll be able to have brunch everyday, go out for dinner night (apart from when I go to my parents once or twice a week for dinner) and still immerse myself in the vinyl hobby! 🦚🕺

No more travelling until August/September 2022 as well - means I won’t be working ridiculous hours! 🦧

Baby Monster will be back at the start of next year and I will be FULL ON active on the VMP threads here and on Reddit! 😈🙊

I think he moved out and suddenly has RESPONSIBILITIES. Like cooking and cleaning and paying for things. That shit takes time man...
I don’t cook and clean……………however, paying $300 a week for rent + bills, petrol, food and going out etc + trying to put away $700 a week for travel is…unrealistic!!! 🤦‍♂️😂

I did it and NEVER AGAIN! ‍🙅‍♂️⚠️ Whilst I felt reborn/rejuvenated whilst travelling and felt I got my mojo back, it’s not worth being sleep deprived and working so many hours in two jobs you dislike! 💯

Can’t wait to move back in with my parents during winter for 2 months (June/July) so then I can just use them to save up for a 2 month trip for August/September 2022! 🙏😉

I don’t cook and clean……………however, paying $300 a week for rent + bills, petrol, food and going out etc + trying to put away $700 a week for travel is…unrealistic!!! 🤦‍♂️😂

I did it and NEVER AGAIN! ‍🙅‍♂️⚠️ Whilst I felt reborn/rejuvenated whilst travelling and felt I got my mojo back, it’s not worth being sleep deprived and working so many hours in two jobs you dislike! 💯

Can’t wait to move back in with my parents during winter for 2 months (June/July) so then I can just use them to save up for a 2 month trip for August/September 2022! 🙏😉
Glad you're safe and sound and doing well!

It's pretty much all speculation on how often they'll dip into the GZ well or what other pressing plants will be used, so I'm not gonna fret over it until I see what comes along.

It'll be GZ across the board. Why would VMP (presumably) pay more money to have it pressed at a different, better plant? They'll deal with the long-timers groveling about the switch in the short-term, but in 6 months nobody will be talking about it. I'd bet only a small portion of their subscribers give an actual shit about where their VMP records are pressed anyways, and VMP knows it. They've created their brand and now they're going to ramp up profits.

It'll be GZ across the board. Why would VMP (presumably) pay more money to have it pressed at a different, better plant? They'll deal with the long-timers groveling about the switch in the short-term, but in 6 months nobody will be talking about it. I'd bet only a small portion of their subscribers give an actual shit about where their VMP records are pressed anyways, and VMP knows it. They've created their brand and now they're going to ramp up profits.
I guess I'm not as cynical about it, noting that GZ is not one plant, but many across the world.

And a quick search online will show you the pricing at many plants. There really isn't much difference, and shipping from Europe costs more.

I'm probably going to drop VMP anyways. January has two interesting releases, but February and March are of zero interest. What happens beyond that will make the decision.

Is anyone here even going to pick up Lightning Hopkins in March? I’m on the fence. Part of me says that if VMP wanna press at GZ, then I’m just going to keep asking for replacements until I get a good copy.

The other part of me thinks that life is too short and there are way too many other albums I could be buying and listening to without going through that hassle. And I fully expect GZ to be the new norm with the Classics track, but I hope I’m wrong.

Is anyone here even going to pick up Lightning Hopkins in March? I’m on the fence. Part of me says that if VMP wanna press at GZ, then I’m just going to keep asking for replacements until I get a good copy.

The other part of me thinks that life is too short and there are way too many other albums I could be buying and listening to without going through that hassle. And I fully expect GZ to be the new norm with the Classics track, but I hope I’m wrong.
This was the only album out of the 12 that intrigued me. However, I decided to spend my $ buying another LH album I liked more and will play more.

Your money may be better spent either getting one of the upcoming Lightnin Hopkins represses from Analogue Productions or getting one of the Speakers Corner pressings.

I just don’t see how RTI makes room for VMP with everything else they are behind on and it does seem that VMP mentioned them to avoid total backlash against only GZ from now on. If by some miracle the plants get caught up soon, I’m sure they would prefer RTI and QRP over GZ for classics. Even if it’s a little more expensive. It’s less CS hassle and they probably come out ahead due to less replacements.

Back