Vinyl Me Please Classics

Didn't look to see what else was in swaps, but will go back in later and see if I should do an add/swap. I noticed BIll Evans in there so might grab that

Might be worth going for credits and buying it with those depending on how much your membership is.

If you are international it's advantageous to do the Swap for Credit double swap every month. In theory if you keep doing it and then get them to switch them to Member Credits, you're only paying $33/month for your sub. Or, on a 3 month sub, you receive +$16.70 in credits every month.

If you are international it's advantageous to do the Swap for Credit double swap every month. In theory if you keep doing it and then get them to switch them to Member Credits, you're only paying $33/month for your sub. Or, on a 3 month sub, you receive +$16.70 in credits every month.
Can you talk me though how this works please?

Yeah, im a bit confused as well.

Im under the grandfathered sub so im currently paying around $31. This still sounds interesting though, the grandfathered sub runs out soon.

Yeah, im a bit confused as well.

Im under the grandfathered sub so im currently paying around $31. This still sounds interesting though, the grandfathered sub runs out soon.

1) Sign up for a 3 month sub in the track you are least interested in. (I am 3 Month international = $149)
2) Add on the tracks you actually want. ($33/each)
3) Always swap your primary track for credit. (In the example of $149/3 month, it should be $49.67, but they give you $49.70 in credit.)

If you don't spend the store credit, when it's time to renew, ask for CS to switch your Store Credit to Member Credit, and it's like you have only ever been paying $33/month (which is a savings of $16.70/month).

If you spend the store credit, it's like getting a bonus record every two-three months.

Hope that makes sense.

Not feeling the Teddy, sorry VMP. Was hoping for a Lee Morgan swap since I missed that one, but no dice it seems. Maybe McCoy Tyner Sahara ?? Don't have that one. For the future, on the fence on Freddie King, we'll see. I LOVE that Roberta Flack album though, so that's a nice treat to look forward to.

Anyone going to get the Teddy Pendergrass record? I’m torn between keeping the VMP version, or just hunting down an OG. Which shouldn't be too difficult.

The PI originals I have all sound really good.
I’m also getting Teddy! I cannot wait to spin it as I know it’s going to sound outstanding! It’s good to know the originals sound great too! Can’t go wrong with whichever you pick! The VMP is more pricey, but will probably sound better than the original!

Think it’ll free up tmm or so. Probably just roll over demand from Lee Morgan
I think the Teddy Pendergrass might be more limited compared to Lee Morgan, so when it goes back in stock (if it does), it might very well sell out quickly!

I think the Freddie King ROTM will be popular as well! Especially as Usher is the Essentials ROTM for November!

Roberta Flack I’m not sure on, but because The Meters is the Essentials ROTM and is a much more popular 70’s ‘classics-like’ ROTM, it’s likely Roberta won’t sell out straight away like Lee Morgan and Bill Withers!

I think the Teddy Pendergrass might be more limited compared to Lee Morgan, so when it goes back in stock (if it does), it might very well sell out quickly!

I think the Freddie King ROTM will be popular as well! Especially as Usher is the Essentials ROTM for November!

Roberta Flack I’m not sure on, but because The Meters is the Essentials ROTM and is a much more popular 70’s ‘classics-like’ ROTM, it’s likely Roberta won’t sell out straight away like Lee Morgan and Bill Withers!
Did Lee Morgan sell out completely do we know? Was it even in swaps first thing this AM?

Did Lee Morgan sell out completely do we know? Was it even in swaps first thing this AM?
It did completely sell out! A lot of people missed out on it! Maybe in 3-4 months time, it might come back in stock due to leftover stock which is kept for replacements! It will sell out fast once those leftovers come back in stock!

Yeah, I know I'm a sample size of umm... one, but I swapped out my Teddy so that's one spot freed up.
Yeah, I’m guessing a lot of people would have swapped out Teddy and a lot of people’s membership’s would have terminated September! I’m guessing a lot of people wouldn’t be renewing after the GZ production mess/VMP sticking with GZ!

Back