Vinyl Me Please Classics

I still remember when the BN Anthology came out and VMP used the blown up CD artwork for Dexter Calling. They told everyone it was the artwork BN provided and insisted that nobody could find the original cover photos. A little while after they magically found the artwork after enough people complained.

I don’t doubt that it’s still an issue with VMP. They cropped Blossom Dearie just to remove the Verve logo. They don’t seem to want to do the legwork (or pay for it) to do a lot of great album covers. Compare it to a label like Sam Records who go the extra mile for their reissues…
I too remember that BN Anthology screwup. Their reason was true, but what they didn't say that the kiddie who handled the art, with zero knowledge of anything further back than Katie Perry, was too stupid to know or check. And nobody else did either. Small company screwup. They made it right, though. Like I said, with BN it is pretty much all there, but you have to ask, ask again, tell them to go back when the kid at the label tells you he sent you the original art when he send the CD art again (that is the original to the kids at record labels) and then beat it out of them.

The Blossom Dearie cover is pretty bad. I don't know the story there, and with Verve, most all the original art went up in smoke. What they had to work with within the time frame they had is not known. As to the Verve logo, sometimes, particularly when the label has changed hands, the label may ask for it to be removed. I doubt that is the case here, but it may have to do with not wanting confusion that the record is mono and not stereo.

Anyways, not to come off as an apologist, but I do think VMP have gotten better all around.

I too remember that BN Anthology screwup. Their reason was true, but what they didn't say that the kiddie who handled the art, with zero knowledge of anything further back than Katie Perry, was too stupid to know or check. And nobody else did either. Small company screwup. They made it right, though. Like I said, with BN it is pretty much all there, but you have to ask, ask again, tell them to go back when the kid at the label tells you he sent you the original art when he send the CD art again (that is the original to the kids at record labels) and then beat it out of them.

The Blossom Dearie cover is pretty bad. I don't know the story there, and with Verve, most all the original art went up in smoke. What they had to work with within the time frame they had is not known. As to the Verve logo, sometimes, particularly when the label has changed hands, the label may ask for it to be removed. I doubt that is the case here, but it may have to do with not wanting confusion that the record is mono and not stereo.

Anyways, not to come off as an apologist, but I do think VMP have gotten better all around.
The part that bothered me was it’s not hard to know it was the CD cover for Dexter Calling. Even the BN number was incorrect. And the scan was shitty and the designer at VMP didn’t care that it looked pixelated. If you run a reissue label, you should actually have people there who care about the titles you are reissuing instead of just going through the motions of slapping something together. The BN Anthology was in the works for awhile. It also doesn’t take a ton of time to get someone to properly restore and photoshop out something like the Blossom Dearie Verve logo.

Anywho, the classic series is still the best thing that VMP does and I’m looking forward to what is hopefully a Freddie King album!

To be honest, the Classic series is all I care about from VMP, along with the occasional store release that I know won't pop up anywhere else. Essentials is pretty much stuff that will get relesed by the label down the line, with some exceptions. I pick from others when I feel like there is a Classic title that has snuck in to Essentials or Country, like the Dolly Parton, the Stevie Nicks, and Aretha.

Tough month for me. I'm not feeling this one. I'm in for country and classics so I may have to peel off and take credit unless there are some killer swaps which I don't forsee

Tough month for me. I'm not feeling this one. I'm in for country and classics so I may have to peel off and take credit unless there are some killer swaps which I don't forsee

You can cancel the add on & take credit for your main sub

It is looking like a rather lacklustre in all 4 streams, which is good for my wallet
Just as I resubscribed hah.

With the swap for credit option, how does that work? Can I get it swapped to membership credit? But then if I wanted to extend for one month, I’d still have to pay more since a 1 month is more expensive than a 3 month per month?

Just as I resubscribed hah.

With the swap for credit option, how does that work? Can I get it swapped to membership credit? But then if I wanted to extend for one month, I’d still have to pay more since a 1 month is more expensive than a 3 month per month?
When you swap for credit, you get the credit for whatever the track would have cost. If you swap an add on, you get 33. If you swap the main you get 43.

Swapping the credit to membership credit is a manual process though, you have to email them for it after you have store credit. Ie: you swap your main for credit, then email them and ask for it to be converted to membership credit.

When you swap for credit, you get the credit for whatever the track would have cost. If you swap an add on, you get 33. If you swap the main you get 43.

Swapping the credit to membership credit is a manual process though, you have to email them for it after you have store credit. Ie: you swap your main for credit, then email them and ask for it to be converted to membership credit.
The bad part for me being grandfathered in and still annual to classics is that my credit is actually what I would have paid. Not what it is worth. The good is that my price is still very low.

Back