Vinyl Me Please Classics

Mmmmm, even for a tiny second I was a bit uncertain, but I think Ryan Smith is going to do a splendid job with remastering Life is A Song Worth Singing!!! I think the pressing will sound glorious and I think I’ll have a really good time listening to the record! There’s something quite luxurious and exquisite sounding about the album and side B is heavenly sex music! So I’m super keen to spin this Teddy Pendergrass ROTM when I get it!
I'm sure it'll sound amazing yeah. I'm just not into the music.

I'm sure it'll sound amazing yeah. I'm just not into the music.
Mmmmmm yeah! I definitely would predict that most people on this forum would not like this Teddy Pendergrass album much! But it’s not because of the quality of the music, I feel like it’s more due to the era and style of soul in the late 70’s! I remember people on here saying that only early 70’s soul is the latest they would want for a Classics ROTM as they disliked the sound of most of the mid 70’s and onwards R&B/Soul!

Life Is A Song Worth Singing is viewed generally as a great soul record and many consider it Teddy Pendergrass’ best album! It’s well deserving of receiving the Classics ROTM treatment, but is bound to be an unpopular pick! In my opinion, it’s a bit how like Britney Spears’ “Blackout” would be deserving of receiving the Essentials treatment but would be a very unpopular pick because the VMP’s demographic mostly wouldn’t be into that!

🥺🥺🥺

It’s one of my favourite Classics ROTM’s of all-time actually! But maybe that’s because the album is quite erotic, aquatic, intricate, sensual, luxurious and intoxicating, and I love that kind of aesthetic a lot musically. I think my top five ROTM’s ever are:

Al Green
Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers
Gàbor Szabó
Leon Ware
Bill Withers

I also really love the Donny Hathaway, Coleman Hawkins, Otis Redding, King Curtis and Dorothy Ashby Classics ROTM’s too! Those would be my next five favourite and would make my top 10 Classics ROTM’s!

I do really love the John Lee Hooker, Alice Coltrane, Archie Shepp and Lafayette Afro-Rock Band Classics ROTM’s too, but they were all ROTM’s before VMP made Classics ROTM’s AAA pressings!
I definitely don’t think it’s bad! I see the appeal, for sure. Honestly I think it’s the mastering or just the recording that I’m not a fan of. There just isn’t enough punch for me.

You may be in the minority who would rank Leon Ware in their top five, but that doesn’t matter. I would place Mr. Hands in my top five and I remember people were very disappointed with that pick lol. We like what we like. 🤷‍♂️

Membership question... I cancelled country after announcement. It shows still under "what your getting" on my membership page with a "you can't swap because your sub is ending" and it shows my cancel date as 10/1. Does that mean I'm getting Hunt regardless and after that it will cancel? or will it update once the month flips over?

Membership question... I cancelled country after announcement. It shows still under "what your getting" on my membership page with a "you can't swap because your sub is ending" and it shows my cancel date as 10/1. Does that mean I'm getting Hunt regardless and after that it will cancel? or will it update once the month flips over?
It means it’s going to cancel once the month flips over. You won’t be charged and won’t be getting Sam Hunt.

So…..is there anyone else here who’s favourite Classics ROTM is Leon Ware’s “Musical Massage”?!? Or at least in their top three Classics ROTM’s of all-time?

I don’t know anyone who’s favourite Classics ROTM is Musical Massage…

Anyone else really love Musical Massage for how romantic and seductive the album is?
I wouldn't say top 3, but I really like it. Definitely top half, which is saying a lot due to the quality of the sub.

So…..is there anyone else here who’s favourite Classics ROTM is Leon Ware’s “Musical Massage”?!? Or at least in their top three Classics ROTM’s of all-time?

Anyone else really love Musical Massage for how romantic and seductive the album is?

Not my #1, but probably in the top 5. Otis, Szabo, Ashby my top 3. Then Isleys, Darrell Banks, Al Green, Withers, Herbie, shoot okay top 10 😂. I do love than Leon though.

I’m not as big on jazz & blues as others are, so I’m mostly into Classics for the soul.

Mmmmm, even for a tiny second I was a bit uncertain, but I think Ryan Smith is going to do a splendid job with remastering Life is A Song Worth Singing!!! I think the pressing will sound glorious and I think I’ll have a really good time listening to the record! There’s something quite luxurious and exquisite sounding about the album and side B is heavenly sex music! So I’m super keen to spin this Teddy Pendergrass ROTM when I get it!
Heavenly sex music? maybe for the woman, but definitely not this guy. The mental image of Teddy would definitely kill it for me.

Heavenly sex music? maybe for the woman, but definitely not this guy. The mental image of Teddy would definitely kill it for me.
That’s actually interesting you would think about Teddy though whilst listening to those last three songs though!

Like I don’t think about the artist at all generally when I listen to music and feel a particular way!

That’s actually interesting you would think about Teddy though whilst listening to those last three songs though!

Like I don’t think about the artist at all generally when I listen to music and feel a particular way!
The thought of my significant other fantasising about big boy Teddy is enough to turn me to the dark side.

The thought of my significant other fantasising about big boy Teddy is enough to turn me to the dark side.
But she likely won’t be thinking about big boy Teddy at all! She would likely be thinking about you and just find the song romantic!

She would think “This Teddy Pendergrass song would be so good to have In the background while I make love with RHANDMJ”! That’s how I would think!

1) Sign up for a 3 month sub in the track you are least interested in. (I am 3 Month international = $149)
2) Add on the tracks you actually want. ($33/each)
3) Always swap your primary track for credit. (In the example of $149/3 month, it should be $49.67, but they give you $49.70 in credit.)

If you don't spend the store credit, when it's time to renew, ask for CS to switch your Store Credit to Member Credit, and it's like you have only ever been paying $33/month (which is a savings of $16.70/month).

If you spend the store credit, it's like getting a bonus record every two-three months.

Hope that makes sense.
Even if you do 1 month and swap the main for credit it makes financial sense. Again if you spend it it works out an album and a half

I've been subscribed to classics since month 1 so no, it's not in the top 3, but I consider it a solid choice.

Back