Vinyl Me Please Classics

An update from my buddy Matty. I guess their photocopier is broken.
Hey Jamie,

Thanks for reaching out! At this time, we do not have a timeline for those booklets but, once available, they will be included in a future ROTM shipment so, keep an eye out for that in your upcoming boxes with us.

Be well and feel free to reach back out should you need anything else!

Matty
Customer Support Agent
VMP

An update from my buddy Matty. I guess their photocopier is broken.
Hey Jamie,

Thanks for reaching out! At this time, we do not have a timeline for those booklets but, once available, they will be included in a future ROTM shipment so, keep an eye out for that in your upcoming boxes with us.

Be well and feel free to reach back out should you need anything else!

Matty
Customer Support Agent
VMP

Does this mean they're going to send me a future ROTM even though my membership ended with Bill Withers? Maybe I should expect a noisy warped copy of Usher with a seam split to accompany my listening notes!

Gulp…
821A6CF9-CCDD-49F9-B772-8B1635AC51AC.jpeg

I haven’t spinned it yet but at least on visual inspection I don’t think it was scratched.

In other news my Coleman Hawkins was missing its liner booklet. Maybe I can get it when they send me my Bill Withers booklet.

Last edited:
Gulp…
View attachment 112813

I haven’t spinned it yet but at least on visual inspection I don’t think it was scratched.

In other news my Coleman Hawkins was missing its liner booklet. Maybe I can get it when they send me my Bill Withers booklet.

I've had quiet a few RTI ones like that lately, tbh I haven't had any issue with the vinyl.

I've had quiet a few RTI ones like that lately, tbh I haven't had any issue with the vinyl.

There are a few isolated pops I’m hoping will come out with a cleaning but otherwise it seems to be good. Still that was not how I wanted to see the record slide out of the jacket the first time.

Gulp…
View attachment 112813

mine was the same out of the jacket. haven't spun it yet but seems ok from inspection too

Anyone going to get the Teddy Pendergrass record? I’m torn between keeping the VMP version, or just hunting down an OG. Which shouldn't be too difficult.

The PI originals I have all sound really good.

my_feeling_for_the_blues_vinyl_transparent4890293_600x.png

confirmed for classics in November

Classics confirmed:

November: Freddie King’s My Feeling for the Blues
180g black vinyl, was remastered AAA from original mono tapes by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound and includes a new Listening Notes booklet.

December: Roberta Flack Quiet Fire
180g black vinyl, was remastered AAA from the original analog tapes by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound and includes a new Listening Notes booklet.

Back