Vinyl Me Please Classics

Hey if we're gonna do crazy wtf picks, then I'm gonna throw in my December Classics guess with this:

Because maybe when they said jazz/soul vocalist they actually meant to say jazz/yodeling vocalist.

Edit: And just so we're clear, I legit love Leon Thomas and this album and would be overjoyed if it was Classics. First time I heard him yodel-scat, my reaction literally was

no-well-hmm.gif

Last edited:
I guess the October Classics will be Teddy Pendergrass' best album, Life is a Song Worth Singing, or the O'Jays' So Full of Love. I'm strongly leaning toward the former.

Damn I was hoping for Terry Callier What Color is Love?
I've got this recent reissue and it's pretty good. You can almost certainly grab it in a deal, I got for like $13 in a udiscover sale.

I have the MOV from a few years back & TBH sounds pretty great, but I would love a RKS AAA master pressed at QRP

The Lee Morgan is really excellent. Great mastering, great sounding recording. Different personality than most of the Blue Note Lee Morgan stuff from the 60s, a little less polished sound and arrangements. Great performances by the band. One of the best VMP Classics releases for sure!
Good to hear. Very excited for this one to arrive.

The Lee Morgan is really excellent. Great mastering, great sounding recording. Different personality than most of the Blue Note Lee Morgan stuff from the 60s, a little less polished sound and arrangements. Great performances by the band. One of the best VMP Classics releases for sure!
Glad to hear. Against my better judgment I re-signed up to get this one.

Important to a recently announced anthology should be the vanguard one
Can't remember the first clue, but I say it'll be this, because this is what I want

Can't remember the first clue, but I say it'll be this, because this is what I want

Oct - Philly Soul ; 78

Nov - Blues ; 69

Dec - Jazz-Soul vocalist ; 71

1 album is arranged by a former Classics artist. That arranger is important to another album. 1 artist is important to a recently announced Anthology.

One would think, but do they (Storf) consider the Philadelphia International Anthology announced? :unsure:
also i saw this was announced recently:

so is VMP just doing a vinyl version of this?

also i saw this was announced recently:

so is VMP just doing a vinyl version of this?
No, it's different from the CD box sets. I think it was in the article that leaked VMP was doing an Anthology saying they'd be separate things.

Back