Vinyl Me Please Classics

I am only in for Kid Cudi over the next three months. Everything else is a big ol MEH
But......Musical Massage influenced D’Angelo’s Voodoo!!! It really was the start of Neo-Soul and albums like Maxwell’s Urban Hang Suite wouldn’t have existed if it wasn’t for Leon Ware. Musical Massage is the quintessential seductive, lush and erotic album!💡

Baby monster is gagged that you don’t care for that album! 😱

But......Musical Massage influenced D’Angelo’s Voodoo!!! It really was the start of Neo-Soul and albums like Maxwell’s Urban Hang Suite wouldn’t have existed if it wasn’t for Leon Ware. Musical Massage is the quintessential seductive, lush and erotic album!💡

Baby monster is gagged that you don’t care for that album! 😱
I don't know if something influencing something else creates a love for progenitor or derivative in either direction. There are artists I love, yet I either don't like or am indifferent to their proclaimed influences. Likewise, there may be artists I like and I don't care for those artists they influenced.

While Voodoo may have been influenced by Musical Massage, it reasons that one could love one and not the other.

I don't know if something influencing something else creates a love for progenitor or derivative in either direction. There are artists I love, yet I either don't like or am indifferent to their proclaimed influences. Likewise, there may be artists I like and I don't care for those artists they influenced.

While Voodoo may have been influenced by Musical Massage, it reasons that one could love one and not the other.
Mmmm yeah, this is so true! Like Billie Eilish’s WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP WHERE DO WE GO was probably influenced by an Avril Lavigne album but there’s no way I would care for any of her albums. Good point!

And I definitely do prefer Voodoo over Musical Massage.

I just want everybody who likes soul to like Musical Massage because it’s such an innovative, passionate, intricate piece of art that I think pushed the boundaries of soul! 🙈

Last edited:
I am only in for Kid Cudi over the next three months. Everything else is a big ol MEH

is the Kid Cudi album any good? Not that I pay much attention generally but it's only got a rating of 4.1 on Pitchfork. It passed me by at the time & I was never a big fan of Kanye.

is the Kid Cudi album any good? Not that I pay much attention generally but it's only got a rating of 4.1 on Pitchfork. It passed me by at the time & I was never a big fan of Kanye.
It’s an incredible album! It’s a nocturnal, spacey, semi-galactic and semi-tribal, trippy album that feels quite empty and lonely yet simultaneously adventurous and curious! I love Man On The Moon and I think it’s a modern classic! 💎🌘👨‍🚀🌀

I highly recommend picking it up! The VMP pressing looks gorgeous and I think you’ll cherish the album! Pressings details sound great too! ♥️✅

I cannot wait to spin this one, especially in Winter with views of the city at night time! Already can’t wait to reflect on my life whilst this album spins in the apartment I move into! 😍😍😍

I don't know. I've never really listened to him. There is nothing he's done that's caught my attention, or I may just never have heard him.
His collaboration project with Kanye West “KIDS SEE GHOSTS” is absolutely phenomenal! It’s such a colourful, futuristic, tribal, innovative album! 👻❤️🧡💛💚💙💜💕

Is Kid Cudi ever really that good?
I’d love to introduce you to his music Lord! He is for sure an inconsistent artists that has more mediocre/average albums than great ones, but the albums he does have that aren’t mediocre or average are absolutely stunning albums! He’s an innovative artists and truly a unique one!

It’s an incredible album! It’s a nocturnal, spacey, semi-galactic and semi-tribal, trippy album that feels quite empty and lonely yet simultaneously adventurous and curious! I love Man On The Moon and I think it’s a modern classic! 💎🌘👨‍🚀🌀

I highly recommend picking it up! The VMP pressing looks gorgeous and I think you’ll cherish the album! Pressings details sound great too! ♥️✅

I cannot wait to spin this one, especially in Winter with views of the city at night time! Already can’t wait to reflect on my life whilst this album spins in the apartment I move into! 😍😍😍

I'll give it a listen

So you're saying swap for store credit the month Magic Massages and Kid Cudi are up?

I’d love to introduce you to his music Lord! He is for sure an inconsistent artists that has more mediocre/average albums than great ones, but the albums he does have that aren’t mediocre or average are absolutely stunning albums! He’s an innovative artists and truly a unique one!
Oh, sorry....I didn't make myself clear, or didn't properly indicate that my question was rhetorical. I don't need an introduction to his music, and I have a conclusion. The proper answer to "Is Kid Cudi ever really that good?" is a resounding "No. No, he is not".

Kids See Ghosts is good, though. I spin it.

So you're saying swap for store credit the month Magic Massages and Kid Cudi are up?
Both albums are absolutely stunning! Incredible ROTM picks! March is a 10/10 month with all three ROTM’s for me! 🏆🏆🏆

But if I had to pick one out of the three ROTM’s in March, it’s Leon Ware’s Musical Massage! Also, imagine how amazing the pressing is going to sound for Musical Massage! It’s instrumentally, a very lush album, so it’ll be a treat to spin!

Drugs, night person and dirty college room = Kid Cudi’s Man On The Moon 🌚🍄💊🎮🎧

Sex, luxurious bath sessions with candles and roses, suit & tie = Leon Ware’s Musical Massage 🥀🛀🕯⛲🥰

If anyone is a bit unsure on which album/track to pick for their March subscription out of the Classics and Essentials, this simple guide might help! 😊

Both albums are absolutely stunning! Incredible ROTM picks! March is a 10/10 month with all three ROTM’s for me! 🏆🏆🏆

But if I had to pick one out of the three ROTM’s in March, it’s Leon Ware’s Musical Massage! Also, imagine how amazing the pressing is going to sound for Musical Massage! It’s instrumentally, a very lush album, so it’ll be a treat to spin!

Drugs, night person and dirty college room = Kid Cudi’s Man On The Moon 🌚🍄💊🎮🎧

Sex, luxurious bath sessions with candles and roses, suit & tie = Leon Ware’s Musical Massage 🥀🛀🕯⛲🥰

If anyone is a bit unsure on which album/track to pick for their March subscription out of the Classics and Essentials, this simple guide might help! 😊
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: So no option for middle aged men living with grumpy pets. Fab! VMP really fucked up on inclusivity for the March '21 picks

Right, you know what. I was going to sack March off too but I'm going to get Musical Massage, despite having never heard of it, hating baths (why wallow in a massive puddle of your own dead skin and general filth?) and associating suits and ties with going to either work or going to funerals. I'm going to listen to it blind too. You can put that down as one in the win column

Back