Vinyl Me Please Classics

Weather Report is ruled out for January.

Edit: I don't know if anyone has guessed this yet, but how about Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On for February and Jaco Pastorius' solo debut for March?

Edit 2: n/m Storf just shot them both down, along with Shuggie Otis' Inspiration Information

Last edited:
Could be Rufus or Smokey Robinson for February. Debut 1973 albums.
March looks like it could be Donna Summer, A Love Trilogy since it's her 3rd album, and her debut was only released in the Netherlands

What else fits?

I know it's not him but can't believe Tyner put out 3 albums in '74.
Exactly. I really can’t think of or find any other albums that really fit. Both of those albums seem so random too. I’m thinking if it’s between Bobby bland and the Billy Preston album, it’s going to Bland. I would much rather a reissue of his debut album though!

It would be amazing if Feb's Classics is Julius Hemphill's - Dogon A.D. It was released in 1972 and was his debut album as lead. It could also be Stanley Clarke – Children of Forever (1972 and debut as lead).

Edit: Funnily enough Hemphill's second album, Coon Bid'ness, fits for the March clue as well.

It would be amazing if Feb's Classics is Julius Hemphill's - Dogon A.D. It was released in 1972 and was his debut album as lead. It could also be Stanley Clarke – Children of Forever (1972 and debut as lead).

Edit: Funnily enough Hemphill's second album, Coon Bid'ness, fits for the March clue as well.
1973 though right? How about Conference of the Birds?

Back