Vinyl Me Please Classics

Is Dreams still available through LITA? I’ve never ordered from them so I don’t know what they mean by “backorder.” Is that like VMP’s “Waitlist Me, Please” (may get repressed if enough people want it) or just a matter of waiting longer?

So, looking into it a little, it looks like Szabo's Dreams that is for sale at LITA is not produced by LITA, but actually from an upstart Austrian label, Ebalunga!!!, and just sold by LITA. Mastered by Martin Bowes, from an unknown source.

The VMP edition will be different mastering from analog tape according to Storf.

So, looking into it a little, it looks like Szabo's Dreams that is for sale at LITA is not produced by LITA, but actually from an upstart Austrian label, Ebalunga!!!, and just sold by LITA. Mastered by Martin Bowes, from an unknown source.

The VMP edition will be different mastering from analog tape according to Storf.

Thanks for looking into it. I’m actually listening to Bacchanal right now and I think I like it better than Dreams, so I may just pick up a used copy of the former that’s been sitting at my local for a long time and punt on Dreams altogether. Gabor is the only one of the next 9 ROTMs that I’m really interested in but I’m not sure it’s worth $30 to me and I don’t want to commit to a new 3-month membership just for that album. I'm sure it'll sound lovely and that cover is a beauty.

My 3 month sub ends Sept 30. The next 3 classics look interesting but none are earth shattering for me. I was going to resub for another 3 months with the one-time discount but when I did the math and each of these records comes out to $50CDN each. I am confident that I can pickup a good quality version of each of them for less. I am out.

Just a shoutout for Gabor most of his works were lost in the Universal Fire, so not entirely sure how this would affect potential reissues of some of his most finest work, but people who are interested should definitely grab this album. I have the LITA album and am debating joining just to have an additional copy.

Looks like Modern Harmonic has the rights to Dreams. I expect that it will be released on black vinyl sometime next year. Hopefully with more Szabo stuff too. Good news that VMP is working with Modern Harmonic for ROTMs. Hopefully Sun Ra is in our future.

Hey
So i asked in private about some more mastering details and ill put em in the appropriate categories.

For Classics Gabor is AAA from the original tapes. They said as far as they are aware the LITA is not and that makes sense to me as LITA almost always uses hi rez (though they do it well)

I asked if Donny was the mono or if stereo what makes it standout from the KG speakers corner cut and they forgot to or didnt answer so i asked again and waiting to hear

Last edited:
Hey
So i asked in private about some more mastering details and ill put em in the appropriate categories.

For essentials Gabor is AAA from the original tapes. They said as far as they are aware the LITA is not and that makes sense to me as LITA almost always uses hi rez (though they do it well)

I asked if Donny was the mono or if stereo what makes it standout from the KG speakers corner cut and they forgot to or didnt answer so i asked again and waiting to hear
Thanks!

Just to note, it isn't a LITA, not sure why that keeps getting repeated.

Back