Vinyl Me Please Classics

No problem really, wasn't trying to pick on you, just kept seeing that after some people seemed to thoroughly explain it, so I though I'd try to help clarify.

Please let us know if you get a response back about mono/stereo!

Lol i dont think i will but if i do certainly ill post back, FWW, they did say that more details would be on the pages for these releases when they actually do drop.

A shop in Colorado is advertising a copy of Dreams on sale tomorrow. Or in 5 weeks I could get a copy from VMP.
If mastering and pressing details aren't important to you, you should go for it if you want it. They aren't very clear about that in the listings I have found.

Does anyone have the Ebalunga!!! reissue? I'm curious to know the deadwax info if so.

I see there’s an OJC pressing that’s widely available and has good ratings on Discogs. Wondering if I can find any comments on it.
I’d snag an 80’s copy OJC if that’s the route you want to take. It’s early in the series and I’d bet it sounds great.
Looks like suggested retail is a whopping $5.98
3EF2AB55-4F4A-4678-B8A7-09FB54F5F935.jpeg

If mastering and pressing details aren't important to you, you should go for it if you want it. They aren't very clear in the listings I have found though.

Does anyone have the Ebalunga!!! reissue? I'm curious to know the deadwax info if so.
Exactly, the VMP pressing will sound better! It is AAA, pressed at QRP and cut at Sterling Sound by Ryan Smith! The Bar-Kays Classics ROTM sounded superb, like extremely good, and people are saying the Sonny Rollins Classics ROTM sounds superb too!

So if you want the best sound quality, go for the VMP pressing. VMP pressing would be more expensive however!

Exactly, the VMP pressing will sound better! It is AAA, pressed at QRP and cut at Sterling Sound by Ryan Smith! The Bar-Kays Classics ROTM sounded superb, like extremely good, and people are saying the Sonny Rollins Classics ROTM sounds superb too!

So if you want the best sound quality, go for the VMP pressing. VMP pressing would be more expensive however!
At least on Amazon, Ebalunga is more expensive for me, since I haven't had to deal with the new prices yet. If we are talking swap price then it is 2 dollars cheaper. Not sure what record stores will have it listed at.

I haven't even listened to this yet, so I don't know if I'm getting it or not! Will do soon.

At least on Amazon, Ebalunga is more expensive for me, since I have had to deal with the new prices yet. If we are talking swap price then it is 2 dollars cheaper. Not sure what record stores will have it listed at.

I haven't even listened to this yet, so I don't know if I'm getting it or not! Will do soon.
You haven’t listened to Gábor Szabó’s Dreams yet?

Nope, but I will before swaps close.
It’s such an amazing album, i was blown away! I think I prefer the album more than The Immortal Otis Redding, Aretha Now and Magician (which were my top 3 Classics ROTM’s so far this year)! It’s my favourite Classics ROTM so far of 2020!

Awesome that this Gábor Szabó’s Dreams ROTM will be a gatefold jacket too! 🙌

JLH is the only reason I’ll sign up for another 3 months.
You don’t like any of the 9 ROTM’s that got announced today? Not even the Billie Holiday?

If you don’t care for any of those 9 ROTM’s, then I would wait and get that John Lee Hooker when it goes on sale in the VMP store!

Thanks!

Just to note, it isn't a LITA, not sure why that keeps getting repeated.

because it’s for sale on their website...

You don’t like any of the 9 ROTM’s that got announced today? Not even the Billie Holiday?

Lots of Billie Holiday can be had for pretty cheap. And like Charlie Parker a lot of her source material isn’t that well recorded so even a AAAAAAAA version may not sound exactly pristine. In short, probably not worth $30 or however much the monthly subscription costs.

I bought it as a non member at the member price with free shipping two weeks ago when it popped up in the store. No reason to resubscribe to buy it.
This! 💯

I doubt the album will sell out in swaps. VMP would’ve definitely of held some copies back to be on sale in the store afterwards too!

It ends up being cheaper for me to purchase for USD$34 as I get charged tax with the add-ons, but not with the store exclusives/if i buy an album from the store directly!

Back