Vinyl Me Please Classics

Diana Ross then I guess for 1970. Would make sense given the Motown Anthology. Last release was in 2009 in Europe.

Another option, Funkadelic's debut if that's considered soul and not funk. Knowing Storf it's both but he didn't want to fully give it away.

Last edited:
Seems like these could fit for the October Classic:

Frank Sinatra, Francis A. & Edward K.
Sun Ra, Continuation
The Jazz Composer's Orchestra, S/T
Peter Brotzmann, Machine Gun

i believe machine gun was guessed in their twitter threads before and they said it hadn't been guessed yet afterwards

One other one that came to mind was Gil-Scott Heron's debut (Small Talk at 125th and Lenox), since I know they've put some Flying Dutchman out in the past.

You’re right. Always thought it was Sun Ra’s label but he merely just released a majority of his output on it haha! I don’t think we are getting a Sun Ra album any time soon anyways. Strut/Art Yard, MH, and Cosmic Myth seem to have all of that under control.
Hasn't VMP released at least two Sun Ra albums (either store drops or ROTM)?

Also, I know nothing about this album. Anyone care to enlighten me to why it may be worthy?
its a huge album of orchestrated free jazz by michael mantler with the most major work on the album being provided by cecil taylor, with other songs with don cherry, pharoh sanders, roswell rudd, larry coryell, and gato barbieri... it seems like a great choice i am in for

Back