Vinyl Me Please Classics

The reason they used to do this is to save cost. It meant they didnt have to get 2 jackets printed and could just slot the mono or stereo into the same jacket. I have quite a few older jazz records like this and it always used to throw me off as I would see Mono then a while later see the Stereo. Always best to check labels and matrix!

Haha yeah I can imagine, it seems a bit tight for a label the size of Columbia to be cutting corners like that! I doubt they’d have done it with a Dylan or Cash album they released in 1964!

for anybody that missed it and was wanting this classic release...it now has a wide release. shocker!

for anybody that missed it and was wanting this classic release...it now has a wide release. shocker!

I remember someone asked Egon on twitter about this getting a wide release and he mentioned VMP had exclusivity for like a year but it would come out eventually.

Seeing things like this really help with my FOMO, if I don't get it from VMP I have a pretty strong feeling it'll eventually see the light of day elsewhere and I'll just grab it then.... If I even still want it

I remember someone asked Egon on twitter about this getting a wide release and he mentioned VMP had exclusivity for like a year but it would come out eventually.

Seeing things like this really help with my FOMO, if I don't get it from VMP I have a pretty strong feeling it'll eventually see the light of day elsewhere and I'll just grab it then.... If I even still want it

Yeah I'm starting to accept this as fact too. Pretty much everything will get repressed outside VMP. Their FOMO model will lose effectiveness eventually when people figure this out... then maybe they'll have to compete on price and quality instead.

Yeah I'm starting to accept this as fact too. Pretty much everything will get repressed outside VMP. Their FOMO model will lose effectiveness eventually when people figure this out... then maybe they'll have to compete on price and quality instead.

I think looking around this community, which is in the whole largely cynical and worn down by them, there are still enough blind devotees that I just don’t see that happening, they’re moving increasingly towards vinyl as a lifestyle product and don’t want to compete on price of quality.

I just sold my copy for $60 😂

New link trick courtesy of @DJBRsez pointing us in the right direction.

edit: at least for this week

this new trick better than the old trick. Congratulations guys

Hey peeps.

Is it just me or does the piano on Jazz Impressions if Japan have a very slight distortion to it?.

It’s not really noticeable in the full band sections or on the other instruments but it’s pretty noticeable to me where the piano features.

Hey peeps.

Is it just me or does the piano on Jazz Impressions if Japan have a very slight distortion to it?.

It’s not really noticeable in the full band sections or on the other instruments but it’s pretty noticeable to me where the piano features.
Hey fellow Melbournian! 🙋‍♂️😇

I haven’t received my copy yet, but other people on this thread have mentioned the same issue. And some people have a perfectly fine pressing. So definitely contact Customer Service and let them know! 📧💻📞

Hey fellow Melbournian! 🙋‍♂️😇

I haven’t received my copy yet, but other people on this thread have mentioned the same issue. And some people have a perfectly fine pressing. So definitely contact Customer Service and let them know! 📧💻📞
Thanks @NathanRicaud I had only gone back a few pages, scanned quickly and didn’t notice any other comments I will reach out to CS.

Also weirdly my delivery came yesterday (Saturday, for all you on the other side of the international time line). So hopefully yours won’t be too far off.

So the new link trick is just simply adding "copy-of" to the previous month's ROTM url? 🤣

Thanks @NathanRicaud I had only gone back a few pages, scanned quickly and didn’t notice any other comments I will reach out to CS.

Also weirdly my delivery came yesterday (Saturday, for all you on the other side of the international time line). So hopefully yours won’t be too far off.
Nice that you got the delivery on a Saturday! Yeah, I think I’ll receive mine sometime next week, if not, early December! My order got dispatched late (late last week) because I had a lot of records! 🎁

I’m so keen for the Black Friday sale! Hopefully it’s a really good one! 🤞

Sweeeet! Although I wasn’t blown away by this album I am ashamed to say I own no BB King and this seems like a fine way to start the collection. Think the album would be way better without “You Move Me So” but oh well lol. Excited to spin this, it’s moody!

Lucille's info is up now.

Looks great! Do we know what the Essential is this month? Im sure they announced it along with QOTSA but cant seem to find it now?

Back