Vinyl Me Please Classics

My Brubeck arrived today (UK). Generally great, A2 does sound a little distorted in places but nothing to cry about. Nice addition to my collection, adding something I don’t have much of.
Oops spoke too soon. B1 is really hissy and the highs and lows more distorted than I’m happy to live with. CS emailed. Shame as the rest is lovely stuff.

Spun mine last night after a clean. Sounded good, no issues for me. Really loved this one too, super interesting. I'm going to dive deeper on Brubek.

True story: I saw him live about 10 years ago. He came to my university for a performance. I went on a whim, not having a clue who he was. He had to helped to the stage, but he still had it. As I've been digging deeper into jazz and rediscovering him, I'm reminded of that night.
You need to check out Time Out

My Brubeck arrived today (UK). Generally great, A2 does sound a little distorted in places but nothing to cry about. Nice addition to my collection, adding something I don’t have much of.
A2 and a couple other spots sounds like mic clipping on the piano from the original to me, but I've got nothing to compare it to.

You need to check out Time Out
Oh I love Time Out. Was one of the only jazz albums I had on cd back in the day. I just picked up the AP press of it, it's next on my list to clean and spin.
Time Out is one of the only records that I have duplicates of. I have a first UK Mono pressing that I played a ton then later picked up a US Mono first press in a nicer state (cover is in good shape, UK one is a bit battered). Love that album

My order is still pending. Anyone else still waiting for their shipping notice or records?

This is the response i received from CS:

Hey John! So - we're currently going through a complete system migration of the tech platform, which involved hand counting all warehouse inventory and setting up a new inventory system. Because of this, we have unfortunately been unable to ship out any orders. However, that should be wrapped up this week and I would expect shipment here in the next 3-5 business days. You'll get an e-mail confirmation with tracking as soon as your order has shipped.

My order is still pending. Anyone else still waiting for their shipping notice or records?

Hey John! So - we're currently going through a complete system migration of the tech platform, which involved hand counting all warehouse inventory and setting up a new inventory system. Because of this, we have unfortunately been unable to ship out any orders. However, that should be wrapped up this week and I would expect shipment here in the next 3-5 business days. You'll get an e-mail confirmation with tracking as soon as your order has shipped.
For last month's order? I received mine already a week or so ago. I do know that they are doing as they said though and are updating their entire system including website and shop and moving to shopify. Don't see how it would have affected your order unless you very recently placed it...

My order got to the boarder and was processed by DHL on the 13th and then NOTHING! I’ve reached out to CS but haven’t heard anything! I just want them to send me replacements if it’s lost before they give them all away! I guess seeing as they haven’t shipped everything out yet gives me some hope...

I got this message also, word for word. My shipment was delayed because there was a problem with my credit card. I updated the card the same day I got the notice about the problem. I'm bummed out that the one or two day problem with my CC fed into the website transition and that because of that they couldn't do any shipping, but what are you going to do.

I got this message also, word for word. My shipment was delayed because there was a problem with my credit card. I updated the card the same day I got the notice about the problem. I'm bummed out that the one or two day problem with my CC fed into the website transition and that because of that they couldn't do any shipping, but what are you going to do.

I had to update my debit card too...once i did that they had no hesitation in taking the money out of my account. I just sent a scathing email to CS.

I’m in the same boat but haven’t received a response from CS yet. This is getting rediculous.

I did a write up on Impressions of Japan, and posted it over at r/vinylmeplease, but figured I'd post here as well in case anyone was interested and not on reddit:

Mines also been sitting in "Export" since the 12th with no movement.

I suspect they changed something about the shipping process and this has screwed things up at the border.

Mine came through real quick this time around. Got it last Friday. Around 1 week in transit between shipping notice and actually having it in hand.

So I didn't notice any change with shipping to Canada on my end. Doesn't mean one didn't happen after mine shipped though.

Back