Vinyl Me Please Anthology

How do replacements work on an anthology? Five of my albums are atrocious, and makes me regret spending money on this set.

Same way as any VMP purchase, just fill out the form and they send you replacement discs
Except that they will not package them properly. A replacement disc will come in a paper sleeve and a replacement jacket will have no shrink on it. I have never received a replacement jacket that is in better shape than the original defective jacket from VMP. Sleeves on the discs have been in rough shape as well. I get that they donā€™t want to send people things that they donā€™t need like a jacket if you have a disc issue or vice versa, but they need to packages those shipments way better if that is how they are going to play it.

Apart from the fact I five of those already, that would be a pretty nice set ā€“ It's Time and Spellbinder are both on my current wantlist.

Really hoping they will include The Awakening by Ahmad Jamal, though, and I think I'd rather they do The Wizard over Chicken Fat... if only because it's the one I don't have!
Yeah, I definitely leaned a little bit towards stuff I didn't have here (I only have Africa/Brass and Black Unity on my list). The Awakening is a really good choice - I was thinking it got a nice reissue recently, but I just checked Discogs to see what it was going for...

My guess based on this info (and other VMP history). And a little of my own wishlist.

JC - Africa/Brass (1961)
Max Roach - Itā€™s Time (1962)
Lorez Alexandria - Alexandria the Great (1964)
Gabor Szabo - Spellbinder (1966)
Mel Brown - Chicken Fat (1967)
Archie Shepp - The Magic of Ju-Ju (1968)
Pharoah Sanders - Black Unity (1971)
Alice Coltrane - World Galaxy (1972)
Think thereā€™s any chance of Mingus Plays Piano?

As much as I would love an Impulse! box set, if is primarily albums I already have, I may just put the cost of the box toward clean originals or Japanese pressings of the things Iā€™m missing.
I might go this way too but just depends on which ones I'm missing and what the price is. I'm missing a lot of Impulse pressings so if at least half are ones i like and don't have, I may just sell the older pressings I have.

1657472830873.png

Teaser in today's email.

In conjunction with Now Again
For all the crazy cats who just want to dance.
šŸˆā€ā¬›

VMPA14, coming to you 7.12.22.

View attachment 145448

Teaser in today's email.

In conjunction with Now Again
For all the crazy cats who just want to dance.
šŸˆā€ā¬›

VMPA14, coming to you 7.12.22.

that's just spanish slang for 'let's dance'....that label's catalog is kind of all over the place, i'm really curious what the focus of this one is going to be (besides danceable music)

that's just spanish slang for 'let's dance'....that label's catalog is kind of all over the place, i'm really curious what the focus of this one is going to be (besides danceable music)

The email subject line is "Get ready for the sounds of Spanish Harlem šŸ’ƒ šŸ†"

Last edited:
Did any international customers that ordered the Willie Nelson box get hit with a duty charge?

According to Reddit VMP changed their shipping policy and now donā€™t declare duty paid so they were offering store credit for the ā€œshipping and dutyā€ fee they charge on international boxes!

I donā€™t care if I have to pay duty, up front or when it arrives, I do hate the extra charges DHL hits you with!!

Just wondering if itā€™s worth getting the next anthology, sounds up my alley, or because itā€™s with Now Again just waiting for them to be released individually in a yearā€¦

Did any international customers that ordered the Willie Nelson box get hit with a duty charge?

According to Reddit VMP changed their shipping policy and now donā€™t declare duty paid so they were offering store credit for the ā€œshipping and dutyā€ fee they charge on international boxes!

I donā€™t care if I have to pay duty, up front or when it arrives, I do hate the extra charges DHL hits you with!!

Just wondering if itā€™s worth getting the next anthology, sounds up my alley, or because itā€™s with Now Again just waiting for them to be released individually in a yearā€¦
Hope this is not the case or I am definitely out on the Impulse box

Back