Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Here's a general rule.

EVERYTHING released on vinyl is a Limited Edition. There are no infinite, unlimited pressings. A pressing may stay around for years due to slow sales, but eventually, they run out. Numbering on a sleeve is meaningless. There for those with a fetish for such, maybe it validates their purchase.

MOST things that are Limited can have reprsses if demand is there. That is doing a total solid to every music lover who wants to get their hands on it. If it hurts 'vinyl investors' or flippers, fuck 'em. Too bad.

Music Matters has done it, probably the most egregious example. Acoustic Sounds does it all the time. MOFI repress their top titles. VMP does it rather less.

I don't look at my Discogs value and get all horny when I see it rising. That was never what collecting music is about.

I am THRILLED when a great title gets repressed for more people to enjoy at a fair price. That is good for everyone, as it keeps interest in the music/hobby high. And defeating the flippers and investors is good for me, and most people. It helps keep prices reasonable and discourages excessive price gouging on the secondary market.

Are you trying to troll?

Yeah we better be careful otherwise those Beatles and Led Zep albums may run out because they're not infinite.....

I'm thrilled when great music is repressed all the time. But I also don't want t pay a premium for a limited product that isn't limited.

No. That is not a general rule. That is your own thoughts, and you're entitled to them, just as people who think they've purchased something that they thought was limited to a certain number are entitled to feel scammed when a lot more become available, regardless what company does it.
I get the sense that you are a collector who is very into the value. That word 'entitled'.

I get the sense that you are a collector who is very into the value. That word 'entitled'.
Dude, I get the sense that you exist solely to be contrarian. Twice in two weeks is impressive.
I enjoy the music, not that it's actually any of your business. But arguing in favor of a corporation saying one thing, then pulling the rug out from underneath paying customers is going to get you knocked down a peg every time. I'll always be against companies pulling a fast one, irregardless of whether it affects me or not.

Are you trying to troll?

Yeah we better be careful otherwise those Beatles and Led Zep albums may run out because they're not infinite.....

I'm thrilled when great music is repressed all the time. But I also don't want t pay a premium for a limited product that isn't limited.
You may not have interacted with @RHANDMJ much before, but they are always trolling. Abrasive and dismissive of other’s opinions. Don’t let it get to you.

You may not have interacted with @RHANDMJ much before, but they are always trolling. Abrasive and dismissive of other’s opinions. Don’t let it get to you.

Yeah I figured as much. I've been on the internet long enough to spot a troll. This forum tends to be free of them which is why it's a nice site

*limited* to 1000

Don't forget the new box design*.

*Designed to cover their ass when people complain about buying a supposed limited to 1000 product. "See, it's different! Look at the box!"

This whole thing is stupid. The music is great, so let's just sell it and stop there. Don't try to sell it as limited if you're just going to tweak the design and sell a whole bunch more.

*limited* to 1000

I do appreciate that this is on black vinyl to make the first edition a bit
more special.

Edit: oops! Didn't realize the first box was black as well. Carry on.

I GUESS the updated box design probably puts it into "new discogs listing" category, which I can imagine takes a bit of the sting out (@bdm105 - what do you think?), but not saying right off the bat that the original was simply the first edition (if that's what indeed happened), and that it could get 2nd or even 3rd editions still is shit.

The weird thing is that VMP could likely sell out most of their anthologies at the same price point, without it being labelled as limited and still repress and sell out all over again and nobody would bat an eye. What was even the point of saying it was limited to x amount of copies, if it wasn't to push demand due to scarcity? That's what gets me. Either way they were going to sell out, it was kind of a pointless selling feature.

Was the original press sold for $259? Compared to recent Anthology prices, that really isn't bad. I'm tempted to pull the trigger. Always sorta regretted missing out on this one.

I had store credit as well, so it was an easy pull at like $220 after taxes.
I think I'm going to start going the "save my store credit" route. I've been adding on tracks or getting drops here and there, but I think I'd really enjoy an anthology if I could get it down to something more palateable. I'm looking at over $50 and might grab Willie once I get over $100.

I think I'm going to start going the "save my store credit" route. I've been adding on tracks or getting drops here and there, but I think I'd really enjoy an anthology if I could get it down to something more palateable. I'm looking at over $50 and might grab Willie once I get over $100.
I've been doing that the past few months as well, it also makes getting exclusives more palateable I'm treating it as my ROTM

Last edited:
Back