Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I GUESS the updated box design probably puts it into "new discogs listing" category, which I can imagine takes a bit of the sting out (@bdm105 - what do you think?), but not saying right off the bat that the original was simply the first edition (if that's what indeed happened), and that it could get 2nd or even 3rd editions still is shit.

Personally? No it makes me even more annoyed with it because it shows they know they had to do something. If they think it's going to be popular that they need a repress they should have said it was limited to something crazy high like the Dead box or just not say it's limited.

Personally? No it makes me even more annoyed with it because it shows they know they had to do something. If they think it's going to be popular that they need a repress they should have said it was limited to something crazy high like the Dead box or just not say it's limited.
I can understand that.

Also, this whole thing proves they CAN pump out more of their limited, numbered exclusives, so the whole selling feature could prove to be meaningless if and when they choose to make it so.

Actually makes me question some of those numbered exclusives they brought back in stock over the past few weeks...like were they just held back stock or are they 2nd editions?

Example: I bought Pepper Adams and Sivuca on that huge TBT drop. Did I buy the original run, or is this a "second edition" run?

EDIT: I honestly don't care about either not being an original run, since I bought albums with the intent for keeping it long term to listen to (only records I've sold are dupes - Wu, Killer Mike, or a mistake like that godawful Chris Cornell album), but I'm also not paying $200+ either.

Last edited:
And yet……we have:

🪘 Second edition limited to 1,000 copies, pressed at GZ on 180g black vinyl with heavyweight tip-on jackets”

8C703FAF-D02E-4279-959E-17C9CD57A4BE.png

Very clear. No confusion at all. 🤔

Putting all the bullshit aside, this is a fantastic collection and I encourage you to stream whichever albums are available to do so!

The short documentary they released with the box is really good as well and I enjoyed the podcasts and the Q and A... In the end it's about exposing more people to good music that they may have never heard before and that's never a bad thing!

So buy now Edition 2 pressed at GZ or wait for possible Edition 3 maybe pressed next year or so at new pressing plant. 🤔

Question about sound quality - for those that have the Zamrock 1st edition, is the quality on Spotify about what we can expect from the vinyl editions? The first album by Witch sounds like a very rough needle drop.

Question about sound quality - for those that have the Zamrock 1st edition, is the quality on Spotify about what we can expect from the vinyl editions? The first album by Witch sounds like a very rough needle drop.
They are definitely NOT audiophile. A product of their time. I don't remember the pressings to be noisy or done from a needledrop though.

From what i recall from the Q and A they are needle drops from the best quality version they could find. They pieced them together from different copies in some cases, I think overall they did a great job but it's not anything close to anything audiophile but far from that horrible rip of Witch that's on Spotify!! I had a couple of other Zamrock records so knew what I was getting, it's a little muddy but I have no complaints..

They sound very good especially given the original sources. Better than the Spotify from what I recall but don’t mistake them for MOFIs.

I’m all for them repressing this so more people can get it. Like others, I wish they would just say 1st edition limited to xxxx and make it different somehow. I’m glad the my have started doing this from now on (seems the last few all said “first edition limited to….”

Back