Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Quoted from the email:

The first five titles are AAA-mastered from tapes, and the final two albums are mastered from the highest quality digital masters available, with lacquers cut by Bernie Grundman at Bernie Grundman Mastering

They hit the VMP Trifecta on this one:
  • Listening Notes (and likely Podcast hosted) by Andrew Winistorfer
  • Box (and copy editing of said box) by Clay Condor
  • Pressed at GZ
Much like the Dead and Herbie box sets, if you are new to Willie this is a pretty great primer. But, if you already have a few titles it's likely not worth it. I have the Impex RHS and AP Stardust, so it's a pass for me, but this'll likely prompt me to finally hunt down the Speakers Corner of Yesterday's Wine and order the AP of And Then I Wrote (which has many of the same songs as His Own Songs).

Hope this means they do Phases and Stages as an Essential pick down the road.

First edition means I can get it whenever, right? Cool, I guess I don't need it then 😆

They hit the VMP Trifecta on this one:
  • Listening Notes (and likely Podcast hosted) by Andrew Winistorfer
  • Box (and copy editing of said box) by Clay Condor
  • Pressed at GZ
Much like the Dead and Herbie box sets, if you are new to Willie this is a pretty great primer. But, if you already have a few titles it's likely not worth it. I have the Impex RHS and AP Stardust, so it's a pass for me, but this'll likely prompt me to finally hunt down the Speakers Corner of Yesterday's Wine and order the AP of And Then I Wrote (which has many of the same songs as His Own Songs).

Hope this means they do Phases and Stages as an Essential pick down the road.

Yeah. I was hoping for phases & stages. I also have the Impex RHS & AP Stardust, both are fantastic.

Back