Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Here's my stab in the dark at the Willie Nelson Anthology picks
  • Country Willie: His Own Songs
  • Yesterday’s Wine
  • Phases and Stages OR Red Headed Stranger (Whichever is not here is an Essentials pick in 4 months)
  • Stardust
  • Wanted! The Outlaws
  • Across the Borderline
  • Willie Nelson & Wynton Marsalis – Two Men with the Blues
  • Band of Brothers

Pretty close to accurate.

Some initial thoughts/weird things. "First edition of 1,500" so no more claiming they're true limited exclusives. They didn't get Willie for the podcast I guess. No mention of where they're pressed.
If that’s the case, I really do hope to see a repressing of the Philly box set and maybe the Dead. The Dead anthology goes for over $2000 on eBay.

If that’s the case, I really do hope to see a repressing of the Philly box set and maybe the Dead. The Dead anthology goes for over $2000 on eBay.

The Dead should be a 100% guarantee because it was announced as a huge edition that wasn't fully pressed. Like we're pressing 2,500 out of a possible 10,000. This is just "we're making 1,500 but if it sells well, we'll make more".

I
The Dead should be a 100% guarantee because it was announced as a huge edition that wasn't fully pressed. Like we're pressing 2,500 out of a possible 10,000. This is just "we're making 1,500 but if it sells well, we'll make more".
I did get a repress of Herbie…

I’ll be so angry if they repress the Blue Note set after I shelled out $500 on eBay. I’m an idiot.

Yea--Dead should be back. They said edition of 7,500 originally and only pressed 2500. Herbie should be back too. That one also said 1st edition. VMP said they are repressing one soon but didn't specify which.

Saving myself a lot of money by picking up Always on My Mind and Stardust NM originals for like $10 used and I already have RHS Impex. Yesterday's Wine has a Speakers Corner that is easy to get too. Stardust AP is gonna be tough to beat too if I wanted to spend big money on an upgrade.

Yeah, I don't know if I can justify the price (particularly after shipping and exchange!) to mostly just get a copy of Across The Borderline.

I'm actually kind of angry they included Stardust, to be honest, even though I'm completely unsurprised.

And yeah, Yesterday's Wine is also kind a weak selection given the Speaker's Corner version being quite getable.

I mean, they're all great albums, truly. But I'm mildly disappointed here. And wondering how long it might be before we see Across The Borderline available outside of this set.

Yea--Dead should be back. They said edition of 7,500 originally and only pressed 2500. Herbie should be back too. That one also said 1st edition. VMP said they are repressing one soon but didn't specify which.
Wonder how they can get the Dead repressed at QRP since it's basically only AP stuff now... that might have to go to GZ for the second pressing

Back