Vinyl Me Please Anthology

what song is this on the preview?
I think he's recorded this song several times throughout his career and I'm not a big enough Willie fan to say which album this particular version appears on, though.

Edit: Found it.

So I think @TCell got at least one guess right and Country Willie: His Own Songs will be one of the albums in the anthology.

Last edited:
I may be in for this Willie set... I saw him perform at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo in early 2020 (right as COVID was kicking off) and it was such a beautiful concert. I’ve always enjoyed his music but that experience made me a fan.

If the titles are solid, I’ll probably pick this up.

Here's my stab in the dark at the Willie Nelson Anthology picks
  • Country Willie: His Own Songs
  • Yesterday’s Wine
  • Phases and Stages OR Red Headed Stranger (Whichever is not here is an Essentials pick in 4 months)
  • Stardust
  • Wanted! The Outlaws
  • Across the Borderline
  • Willie Nelson & Wynton Marsalis – Two Men with the Blues
  • Band of Brothers
Damn. If Country Willie is in there I probably can't skip. I love that album. Wanted just got a $18 release recently but has distortion on the top of the vocals that I don't know if it's the pressing or just recorded really hot. The set needs Teatro.

I'm hoping that the impulse box being delayed means it's pressed at RTI or somewhere like that...all the mockup artwork said it was VMP013 but now Willie is that number.
That's what I'm thinking. It'll take longer to get the sets pressed, so they bumped it back one or two spots. But in the end, it should be worth the delay.

Back