Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I'm sure all the terms were very favorable to the Dead. There's no way they gave out an unlimited period of exclusivity to VMP. Quite a few of the Anthologies have been broken out. I think all the Now-Again ones have been. The Dead will repress those albums eventually.

Probably not gonna be AAA reissues though. All the latest Dead reissues use plangent. Not like ten years ago when we got nice Rhino AAA reissues of their first 6-7 albums

Probably not gonna be AAA reissues though. All the latest Dead reissues use plangent. Not like ten years ago when we got nice Rhino AAA reissues of their first 6-7 albums
It would be impossible for Without A Net to be AAA since the source tapes for those shows are digital.

I will say that the Plangent reissues sound really nice, so it's not too big of a deal in my opinion. I hope they re-release Reckoning soon as that's the biggest need that hasn't been reissued recently (along with WAN). The other late 70s/early 80s albums (Terrapin, Shakedown, Go To Heaven and Dead Set) aren't very good by Dead standards to be honest and I don't think they should necessarily be in a rush to get them out over other projects.

If anybody wants a cheaper Willie Box Set, this one seems pretty solid too.

my local had this recently and i have been hemming and hawing over whether or not to get it.

it includes:
LP1 (Side 1-2): Always On My Mind (1982) PICTURE DISC
LP2 (Side 3-4): Tougher Than Leather (1983)
LP3 (Side 5-6): Sings Kris Kristofferson (1979)
LP4-5 (Side 7-10): Willie And Family Live (1978)
LP6 (Side 11-12): Stardust (1978)
LP7 (Side 13-14): To Lefty, From Willie (1977)
LP8 (Side 15-16): The Troublemaker (1976)
LP9 (Side 17-18): The Sound In Your Mind (1976)
LP10 (Side 19-20): Red Headed Stranger (1975)
Except for “Always on my Mind” (which is truly terrible), those are all solid Willie albums - better overall quality than the VMP box.

I forget. Was this like the dead where they didn't press all of them but said that the number could be high?
No the first Zamrock was limited to 1000 copies i think and sold out. Think some of the records were later available individually. I would be surprised if they repressed the Anthology but VMP has done weirder things.

I like the first set but probably don't need to do a deeper dive with another 6-8 records

Back