Vinyl Me Please Anthology

A good thing to remember is this is going to be Storf filling in his Willie collection. So it's going to be mostly albums that Storf couldn't find out in the wild. There are essential Willie albums that have to be there like Phases and Stages and Red Headed Stranger. But I could see a few that makes some of us go, huh. Kinda hoping Stardust won't be in there since I have the MOFI version already.

Stardust would be a terrible choice for inclusion. It's a GREAT album, but so widely available in many different formats and pressings. It would probably be the single biggest disappointment of a Willie anthology if they included it. (Which means they probably will!)

A good thing to remember is this is going to be Storf filling in his Willie collection. So it's going to be mostly albums that Storf couldn't find out in the wild. There are essential Willie albums that have to be there like Phases and Stages and Red Headed Stranger. But I could see a few that makes some of us go, huh. Kinda hoping Stardust won't be in there since I have the MOFI version already.

Oh, hello. The 10 Best Willie Nelson Albums To Own On Vinyl. VMP pressed the first 2 so far.
I own Red Headed Stranger, Shotgun Willie, Phases & Stages, Stardust, Wanted! and Waylon & Willie plus a few of the Willie Nelson VMP exclusive drops from the past 5 years. There are few I would still consider adding though not likely at VMP Anthology pricing. I would assume this will be a good set for people that are still piecing today a solid Willie Nelson collection though.

The next Willie Nelson records I am looking to pick up would probably be Pancho &Lefty and one of my faves though not technically a Willie album, the Honeysuckle Rose OST has some great coked up Willie performances on it.

I own Red Headed Stranger, Shotgun Willie, Phases & Stages, Stardust, Wanted! and Waylon & Willie plus a few of the Willie Nelson VMP exclusive drops from the past 5 years. There are few I would still consider adding though not likely at VMP Anthology pricing. I would assume this will be a good set for people that are still piecing today a solid Willie Nelson collection though.

The next Willie Nelson records I am looking to pick up would probably be Pancho &Lefty and one of my faves though not technically a Willie album, the Honeysuckle Rose OST has some great coked up Willie performances on it.

Honeysuckle Rose is great! Was the first Willie I picked up after getting on the vinyl train.

Oh, hello. The 10 Best Willie Nelson Albums To Own On Vinyl. VMP pressed the first 2 so far.

If it's like the Herbie Anthology, Willie will be the one who gets final say on what a box set looks like. So it's very possible the curation will be a bit perplexing for the more hardcore collectors.

If it's like the Herbie Anthology, Willie will be the one who gets final say on what a box set looks like. So it's very possible the curation will be a bit perplexing for the more hardcore collectors.
I do think the Herbie is pretty well done on a selection standpoint, would have preferred a few different choices for sure but overall it is pretty reflective of his career.

Is it a given that this will be 8xLP? I love Willie and already have a couple of his albums, but not sure I need 8 more, especially at the price of the previous Anthologies. A 6xLP set would be great.
I think anywhere from 6xLP to 12xLP is in play. I'd prefer a nice 6 to 8 lp set at 250 with no repeats in my collection, but we will see.

They should do a Guess Me Please for the anthology - winner gets a free copy.

Here's my stab in the dark at the Willie Nelson Anthology picks
  • Country Willie: His Own Songs
  • Yesterday’s Wine
  • Phases and Stages OR Red Headed Stranger (Whichever is not here is an Essentials pick in 4 months)
  • Stardust
  • Wanted! The Outlaws
  • Across the Borderline
  • Willie Nelson & Wynton Marsalis – Two Men with the Blues
  • Band of Brothers

Here's my stab in the dark at the Willie Nelson Anthology picks
  • Country Willie: His Own Songs
  • Yesterday’s Wine
  • Phases and Stages OR Red Headed Stranger (Whichever is not here is an Essentials pick in 4 months)
  • Stardust
  • Wanted! The Outlaws
  • Across the Borderline
  • Willie Nelson & Wynton Marsalis – Two Men with the Blues
  • Band of Brothers
I think the man has released something like 143 albums over his lifetime. Choosing 6 or 8 to encompass his “anthology” is quite a feat.

Back