Vinyl Me Please Anthology

It’s a discount off the anthology but looks like you need to be a member - so unlikely code will work unless VMP fucked that up.

Ok code will probably work...

reading the email with the code in it, i don't think you have to be a member, just a past anthology purchaser OR a current member. so, i would be curious if someone can use a code that isn't either of those things. i guess we'll find out.

Nathan really needs a job

and a spending limit
I’ve got a job Dukey!

And guess what!??!? Baby Monster isn’t buying the Boxset!

I just can’t get passed 1+1 and Takin’ Off being chosen in this Boxset + no Mwandishi era albums, and the fact that Headhunters is the ONLY fusion album in there - an album which the pressing I have will sound better than the pressing that will be in this Boxset!

If they chose something like Sextant, Thrust and Mwandishi instead of Head Hunters, I’d actually buy it. But I’ve already got an AP pressing of Headhunters which sounds sublime! And the BlueNote80 pressing of Takin’ Off also sounds great!

I just wanted more fusion! When I think of Herbie Hancock, I think of fusion! When I think of Herbie Hancock and his music, I primarily think of Crossings, Secrets, Man-Child, Thrust, Sunlight, Sextant, Headhunters, Mwandishi! Those are the 8 albums I think of straight away with Herbie Hancock! And only 1 of those albums are in this Boxset and that album I have an audiophile pressing of.

So it’s a ❌ from me unfortunately. A bit heartbroken because I was looking really, really looking forward to this Boxset!

With the discount code, it ends up being only AUD$480 shipped! That’s a pretty great deal actually! I think I’m gonna get this! And I, like @wynn72 will sell my current Takin’ Off vinyl!
I’ve got a job Dukey!

And guess what!??!? Baby Monster isn’t buying the Boxset!

I just can’t get passed 1+1 and Takin’ Off being chosen in this Boxset + no Mwandishi era albums, and the fact that Headhunters is the ONLY fusion album in there - an album which the pressing I have will sound better than the pressing that will be in this Boxset!

If they chose something like Sextant, Thrust and Mwandishi instead of Head Hunters, I’d actually buy it. But I’ve already got an AP pressing of Headhunters which sounds sublime! And the BlueNote80 pressing of Takin’ Off also sounds great!

I just wanted more fusion! When I think of Herbie Hancock, I think of fusion! When I think of Herbie Hancock and his music, I primarily think of Crossings, Secrets, Man-Child, Thrust, Sunlight, Sextant, Headhunters, Mwandishi! Those are the 8 albums I think of straight away with Herbie Hancock! And only 1 of those albums are in this Boxset and that album I have an audiophile pressing of.

So it’s a ❌ from me unfortunately. A bit heartbroken because I was looking really, really forward to this Boxset!
you flip flop more than me

you flip flop more than me
I do! I’m usually not this indecisive at all! Like I said, price and the selections were both going to be taken into consideration, and it’s just too expensive for me, for what’s being offered for my music taste buds!

Also, if they were pressed at RTI or QRP, I would I’ve purchased it! Im sure the pressings will sound great, but I wanted that extra reassurance that these were going to be pressed at a quality plant, not a medium/average plant.

I do! I’m usually not this indecisive at all! Like I said, price and the selections were both going to be taken into consideration, and it’s just too expensive for me, for what’s being offered!
if you really want headhunters buy the AP version

if you want takin off buy the blue note 80 version or if you are bourgeois try to buy the music matters on discogs

if you really want headhunters buy the AP version

if you want takin off buy the blue note 80 version or if you are bourgeois try to buy the music matters on discogs
I’ve got the AP pressing for Headhunters and the BlueNote80 pressing for Takin’ Off. That’s why I’m not getting this Boxset dukey. It’s not worth it in the end for me.

I do! I’m usually not this indecisive at all! Like I said, price and the selections were both going to be taken into consideration, and it’s just too expensive for me, for what’s being offered!

I challenge you not to buy this, suspect you will change mind approximately 16 times before purchasing ( in around 3 hrs time)

I challenge you not to buy this, suspect you will change mind approximately 16 times before purchasing ( in around 3 hrs time)
Nah. I’m definitely not buying this! If I was ‘extremely’ rich, I’d buy this without question, especially as it has Future Shock & Maiden Voyage! I love those two albums! But...even The Piano isn’t a favourite of mine! I’m listening to Herbie Hancock’s “No Means Yes” and it makes me really wish we got Sunlight in the Boxset/just more fusion Herbie! I don’t even really care for the album The Piano unfortunately...🤐

the only albums i'd want are headhunters (45RPM AP here i come), and maiden voyage (its impossible to get a high quality copy of that if just because MM has that license)

Has anyone here got the Man-Child Speakers Corner pressing? I was gonna buy it but thought I’d wait for this Boxset to drop!

Can anyone confirm that the Speakers Corner pressing for Man-Child sounds great?

Has anyone here got the Man-Child Speakers Corner pressing? I was gonna buy it but thought I’d wait for this Boxset to drop!

Can anyone confirm that the Speakers Corner pressing for Man-Child sounds great?

you tell us:

This is excellent Skalap! 👏👏👏

I’ve got all of these pressings (just not the Maiden Voyage and Empryean Isles ones). I’ve also got the Speakers Corner Man-Child pressing! The BlueNote75 pressing of Empryean Isles and Maiden Voyage I had were both absolute garbage - like they legit went in the bin! 😂🗑👎

I’m hoping for the Herbie Hancock Anthology Boxset, that we get Thrust, Empryean Isles, Maiden Voyage, Crossings, Secrets, Sextant, Future Shock! 🤞🤞🤞

I love Herbie Hancock so much! ♥🥰

Back