Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Yeah, I think I’ll have to pass unfortunately! 🥺

I only really care for Maiden Voyage, Future Shock and The Piano and VSOP to be honest!

I’ve got great sounding pressings of Takin’ Off and Headhunters and don’t really care for those last two albums in there.....
It can't be miles off what a record cleaning machine would set you back so look at it this way... You're entire collection will get to sound better because you skipped on it.

Yeah the ones I'm really hoping for are Fat Albert Rotunda through Directstep era Herbie. 1969–1975 or so especially. I know we're inevitably gonna get a Blue Note Herbie album and at least one from the 80s and one from the last 20 years or so, but I hope they go heavy on the Fusion-era with Sextant, Mwandishi, Thrust, Head Hunters, etc

It can't be miles off what a record cleaning machine would set you back so look at it this way... You're entire collection will get to sound better because you skipped on it.
True! And I really want to get the Rega Exact MM cartridge! 😅

There’s no Empryean Isles, Speak Like A Child, Sextant, Mwandishi, Thrust or Secrets in there! 😭😭😭
I guess there was always going to be some that were missed out though. Personally, I would have prefered Empryean Isles over Maiden Voyage and Mwandishi over The Piano. Im not familiar with 1+1 but it looks to have never been on vinyl before.

Yeah the ones I'm really hoping for are Fat Albert Rotunda through Directstep era Herbie. 1969–1975 or so especially. I know we're inevitably gonna get a Blue Note Herbie album and at least one from the 80s and one from the last 20 years or so, but I hope they go heavy on the Fusion-era with Sextant, Mwandishi, Thrust, Head Hunters, etc
Yeah, I wanted them to go heavy on the Fusion-era too, but they didn’t unfortunately! I wish Herbie Hancock didn’t work with VMP in selecting which records should be in this Boxset to be honest.

They uh.... they did not. See above.

Yeah, I think I’ll have to pass unfortunately! 🥺

I only really care for Maiden Voyage, Future Shock and The Piano and VSOP to be honest!

I’ve got great sounding pressings of Takin’ Off and Headhunters and don’t really care for those last two albums in there.....
So how are y’all feeling now?

I guess there was always going to be some that were missed out though. Personally, I would have prefered Empryean Isles over Maiden Voyage and Mwandishi over The Piano. Im not familiar with 1+1 but it looks to have never been on vinyl before.
And for Takin’ Off to never have been selected as the BlueNote80 pressing for that sounds great! Like do you think there would be even much of a sound quality difference with the Takin’ Off pressing that’s in this Boxset?

So how are y’all feeling now?
Still a bit disappointed overall. Really wished they didn’t include 1+1. I don’t care if that album hasn’t been on vinyl before. It’s an album I would never care about getting. Even if it was a VMP exclusive, I wouldn’t buy it.

I wanted something like Sextant, Man-Child, Thrust or Secrets instead!

Still a bit disappointed overall. Really wished they didn’t include 1+1. I don’t care if that album hasn’t been on vinyl before. It’s an album I would never care about getting. Even if it was a VMP exclusive, I wouldn’t buy it.

I wanted something like Sextant, Man-Child, Thrust or Secrets instead!
Ok so im not helping here at all BUT when I think of Herbie, Wayne Shorter is always at his side. He mentions him all the time in his book, when I saw Herbie live he talked about his 'good friend Wayne' and even now when he occasionally does interviews or videos, Wayne is there (This is one that I linked on the jazz thread a couple weeks ago of them just chatting).

Now I haven't heard the album, but at face value Wayne Shorter plays an incredibly important role in Herbies career, so its a really nice gesture to include it and I can completely see why Herbie would have chose it.

Back