Vinyl Me Please Anthology

The Dead.net crowd will be alerted through the vibes and come running for this. They will pay literally whatever VMP decides to charge bc that is the only band many of them listen to.

Edit: I'm not even joking. The Porch Crusher and the Europe '72 travel trunk sold out quick. If this is $350 it won't even be close to the most expensive Dead set.
Yeah, I’ll be honest. I have both the Europe 72 and thirty trial around the sun CD box sets, I got both slightly used off Craigslist and still paid close to 800 for the two of them. And that’s considered a good deal

Yeah, I’ll be honest. I have both the Europe 72 and thirty trial around the sun CD box sets, I got both slightly used off Craigslist and still paid close to 800 for the two of them. And that’s considered a good deal

Yeah that is actually a steal. I have no idea why I have as much Dead stuff as I do. There is just something about them. And they are marketed VERY well.

Yeah that is actually a steal. I have no idea why I have as much Dead stuff as I do. There is just something about them. And they are marketed VERY well.
I got lucky. The woman had it because a friend gave it to her and she didn’t want it I guess. Was very happy to get it for the price. But same. I used to have a spreadsheet with all the dead shows I own and I stop updating it because it made me realize no one needs this much of one band. But they are a band worth loving. You a phish fan at all?

I got lucky. The woman had it because a friend gave it to her and she didn’t want it I guess. Was very happy to get it for the price. But same. I used to have a spreadsheet with all the dead shows I own and I stop updating it because it made me realize no one needs this much of one band. But they are a band worth loving. You a phish fan at all?

Ironically, I despise Phish

What if it's just dead studio albums?

I'm actually really curious on what this could be. There is already a Warner box set out of the studio albums, and they have been reissuing them for their anniversaries the last few years with new remasters and bonus live content. Considering that those are really inexpensive, a Dead studio box would not be worth purchasing IMO. Plus the Deadheads are not going to shell out for a studio album redux when they consider those almost novelties anyway and already have them.

But then comes the live stuff- the full live shows is the domain of the Dave's Picks; plus whenever they have issued a full concert on LP it has RARELY listed for <$100. So I don't think we are getting full shows. Rarities? Covered in full with comps.

I think it is going to be a chronological live document of cherry picked performances from '66 to maybe '91. And honestly that could be great. I'm usually up for full sets but those don't translate well to vinyl side flipping just to get through another god damn fucking El Paso or a Looks Like Rain that they were going through the motions for or 15 min of Donna caterwauling into the mic at the end of a Playing In The Band that was up until that point, enjoyable.

-has a lie down-

I'm actually really curious on what this could be. There is already a Warner box set out of the studio albums, and they have been reissuing them for their anniversaries the last few years with new remasters and bonus live content. Considering that those are really inexpensive, a Dead studio box would not be worth purchasing IMO. Plus the Deadheads are not going to shell out for a studio album redux when they consider those almost novelties anyway and already have them.

But then comes the live stuff- the full live shows is the domain of the Dave's Picks; plus whenever they have issued a full concert on LP it has RARELY listed for <$100. So I don't think we are getting full shows. Rarities? Covered in full with comps.

I think it is going to be a chronological live document of cherry picked performances from '66 to maybe '91. And honestly that could be great. I'm usually up for full sets but those don't translate well to vinyl side flipping just to get through another god damn fucking El Paso or a Looks Like Rain that they were going through the motions for or 15 min of Donna caterwauling into the mic at the end of a Playing In The Band that was up until that point, enjoyable.

-has a lie down-
Perfectly said

Well, I love Phish, and I can tell you that you’re saving yourself a lot of money by hating them

I've tried. I've REALLY tried. Because I know there have been bands I have spent large parts of my youth hating only to come around and love. The Phish fans as a group, annoy the piss out of me. When I was at Bonnaroo 2009- which is one of the most legendary lineups of all time: like, literally if you find that poster you have to go down like 6 lines to find the first band that isn't just a stone cold legend), the Phish fans arrived next to my campsite and proceeded to talk about Phish for the next four days. I drunkenly went down to their midnight show with a very open mind- got bored and left.

I do have one show of theirs in my collection- the first Phish show from Bonnaroo 2019. I have no idea why, but it was streaming on XM as i was driving home late from another concert and I thought it sounded good. Irony.

I've tried. I've REALLY tried. Because I know there have been bands I have spent large parts of my youth hating only to come around and love. The Phish fans as a group, annoy the piss out of me. When I was at Bonnaroo 2009- which is one of the most legendary lineups of all time: like, literally if you find that poster you have to go down like 6 lines to find the first band that isn't just a stone cold legend), the Phish fans arrived next to my campsite and proceeded to talk about Phish for the next four days. I drunkenly went down to their midnight show with a very open mind- got bored and left.

I do have one show of theirs in my collection- the first Phish show from Bonnaroo 2019. I have no idea why, but it was streaming on XM as i was driving home late from another concert and I thought it sounded good. Irony.
No worries man. Phish fans would Be the first to complain about most things, including Phish fans. All those old Roo lineups are just killer.

Back