Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Each record is contained in another sleeve that has a rip tab and says “episode 1” “episode 2”, etc. I wish they got rid of that—we know what the records are already. My OCD makes me think I should keep them all but then it’s a pain in the ass to play the records by having to take them out of 2 sleeves each time I want to play them...

Nice that you got yours already. Mine is still in transit.

It is normal to want to keep those episode sleeves. I'm debating it I should keep the mailer box.

Definitely check all those sleeves...I opened them all today and ended up with 2 copies of Dots Fireballs and am missing the Crossbones Wise Man album...put an email in so hopefully I can get a copy of the missing album and they let me keep the double of Fireballs...

Wow I will definitely do that.
How are the records sounding so far? Are they on part with the VMP classics in terms of sound?

Wow I will definitely do that.
How are the records sounding so far? Are they on part with the VMP classics in terms of sound?
They sound great so far. I’d say maybe a little below Classics in terms of sound since I’m not sure which,if any, of these are from original master tapes. They simply don’t exist anymore. But I haven’t been disappointed in any really so far. Going to listen to a few more today. I’m getting a new cartridge this week so was putting off listening to them all but I’m impatient haha

They sound great so far. I’d say maybe a little below Classics in terms of sound since I’m not sure which,if any, of these are from original master tapes. They simply don’t exist anymore. But I haven’t been disappointed in any really so far. Going to listen to a few more today. I’m getting a new cartridge this week so was putting off listening to them all but I’m impatient haha
Didn't they say one was and the rest were original vinyl rips? (After they initially said they were all from master tapes)

Didn't they say one was and the rest were original vinyl rips? (After they initially said they were all from master tapes)
Pretty sure that Egon said they were vinyl rips mostly, but I think only some of the titles were Now-Again titles. I can't remember which were said to actually come from master tapes. They sound surprisingly good to me though for vinyl rips of the ones I have listened to so far!

Pretty sure that Egon said they were vinyl rips mostly, but I think only some of the titles were Now-Again titles. I can't remember which were said to actually come from master tapes. They sound surprisingly good to me though for vinyl rips of the ones I have listened to so far!
I reached out to Egon on Instagram. He confirmed that the Fireballs album was sourced from tape, but the rest of the records were sourced and restored from vinyl.

That's not uncommon for reissues of these types of records, and I'm sure they'll sound fine, but it's disappointing to see VMP's inaccurate and misleading description of how these records were mastered.

I reached out to Egon on Instagram. He confirmed that the Fireballs album was sourced from tape, but the rest of the records were sourced and restored from vinyl.

That's not uncommon for reissues of these types of records, and I'm sure they'll sound fine, but it's disappointing to see VMP's inaccurate and misleading description of how these records were mastered.
Hey-- that's the one I got two of haha. If I ever hear back from VMP, I'll probably sell that one for real cheap on here or PIF it...

I mean, I'm not NOT thinking about it...
You may just built a bigger box to create tge mather of all anthologies. The guys from the joyful noise thread say thor harris might help you with the big box.

It has always been a boxset that they have just trying to sell as an "experience". However, it has been clear right from the start that the whole "experience" part was under-cooked and under-thinked.

Just got a message from Pauly; the answer is because they're not selling out, they're not doing the weekly drops anymore.

Just got a message from Pauly; the answer is because they're not selling out, they're not doing the weekly drops anymore.
Im not up to date with the way the Anthologys work, but did they advertise it as a weekly drop? Its a pretty shitty thing to back out of that if they did, they cant impend on everyone else's experience just because they didnt sell as much as they thought.

Im not up to date with the way the Anthologys work, but did they advertise it as a weekly drop? Its a pretty shitty thing to back out of that if they did, they cant impend on everyone else's experience just because they didnt sell as much as they thought.

All the emails say its a weekly drop, and the cardboard with the QR code says it is as well. They didn't communicate anything was changing.

Back