Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Has anyone had to go to CS for a replacement yet on these and is the turnaround time relatively quick? Spun my Horace album when I got home today and it sounds great except it has two tiny scratches on side 1 that cause crackles and ticks through almost the entirety of the third track.
2 days turnaround on my seam split. Will be fixed by shipping a new one in a week or so.

Both the info and anthology email addresses work.

Has anyone had to go to CS for a replacement yet on these and is the turnaround time relatively quick? Spun my Horace album when I got home today and it sounds great except it has two tiny scratches on side 1 that cause crackles and ticks through almost the entirety of the third track.

I emailed today about a scratch on my Dexter, they will probably want a video at a minimum, now a part of the general replacement policy

What the deuce is Experience Vinyl?

Should I be mad about it?

A short lived club from 2 years ago. They were to put out artist curated special editions every month. Each month a "legendary" musician would pick that month's release and included an essay about why it's so important to them.

If I remember the saga correctly, they started sign-ups about 4 months before the first release, to gauge demand. I believe the day they were supposed to send out ROTM #1 (selected by Elton John) they announced that, in fact, oops Elton John will not actually pick the first record, instead he'll pick a later month. Also, because of the sudden swap the first month will just be a standard edition of Coltrane's A Love Supreme, but because that record was going for about $11 on Amazon, they'll also include a standard edition of ATCQ's Midnight Marauders.

Mmkay, first month growing pains...

ROTM 2 and 3 were a lot smoother. George Clinton selects Sly's Fresh on exclusive red, and Santana selects Miles Davis' Sketches of Spain that were 100% definitely-not-never-ever leftover copies of B&N's edition.

Then ROTM 4. Oops, again guys. Grace Slick picked Peter Gabriel's Melt, but it's actually going to be a standard edition (The 1LP version on top of it), but don't worry, totally sending an exclusive version of the White Rabbit 7" to make up for it. OH, also this vinyl club thing is hard so we're taking a month off.

ROTM 5. Okay guys, here's "non-curated definitely-not-Elton-John's-original-pick-but-then-he-decided-he-didn't-want-to-participate" special edition of Leon Russell's debut. Also, it's possible that AP actually put out this release 5 months earlier when it DEFINITELY-WAS-NOT-ELTON'S-PICK. Also, we're hitting pause for a while to work out the kinks.

1 year later, Hey, guys come buy an exclusive version of Matt Sorum's latest solo album. He's legendary...ish, right?

They've been claiming to return to the monthly format soon, ever since.

I remember that at least 70% accurately.

A short lived club from 2 years ago. They were to put out artist curated special editions every month. Each month a "legendary" musician would pick that month's release and included an essay about why it's so important to them.

If I remember the saga correctly, they started sign-ups about 4 months before the first release, to gauge demand. I believe the day they were supposed to send out ROTM #1 (selected by Elton John) they announced that, in fact, oops Elton John will not actually pick the first record, instead he'll pick a later month. Also, because of the sudden swap the first month will just be a standard edition of Coltrane's A Love Supreme, but because that record was going for about $11 on Amazon, they'll also include a standard edition of ATCQ's Midnight Marauders.

ROTM 2 and 3 were a lot smoother. George Clinton selects Sly's Fresh on exclusive red, and Santana selects Miles Davis' Sketches of Spain that were 100% definitely-not-never-ever leftover copies of B&N's edition.

Then ROTM 4. Oops, again guys. Grace Slick picked Peter Gabriel's Melt, but it's actually going to be a standard edition (The 1LP version on top of it), but don't worry, totally sending an exclusive version of the White Rabbit 7" to make up for it. OH, also this vinyl club thing is hard so we're taking a month off.

ROTM 5. Okay guys, here's "non-curated definitely-not-Elton-John's-original-pick-but-then-he-decided-he-didn't-want-to-participate" special edition of Leon Russell's debut. Also, it's possible that AP actually put out this release 5 months earlier when it DEFINITELY-WAS-NOT-ELTON'S-PICK. Also, we're hitting pause for a while to work out the kinks.

1 year later, Hey, guys come buy an exclusive version of Matt Sorum's latest solo album. He's legendary...ish, right?

that is pretty close if not accurate of what happened

This is hilarious and yes it's pretty much exactly what I think of when I think of bullshit startups. I mean how do you think you're going to get "legendary artists" to go along with this every month for years on end? It's just such a mindlessly ego drivin' load of crap to even think you might be able to pull this off with even semi regulatory it defies logic. Not only that but now you have to somehow get the rights to publish whatever album it is this "legendary" artist has chosen month in and month out? Pull the other one mate... I award them no points, and may God have mercy on their souls. The amount of hubris involved in crap like this just astonishes me.

This is hilarious and yes it's pretty much exactly what I think of when I think of bullshit startups. I mean how do you think you're going to get "legendary artists" to go along with this every month for years on end? It's just such a mindlessly ego drivin' load of crap to even think you might be able to pull this off with even semi regulatory it defies logic. Not only that but now you have to somehow get the rights to publish whatever album it is this "legendary" artist has chosen month in and month out? Pull the other one mate... I award them no points, and may God have mercy on their souls. The amount of hubris involved in crap like this just astonishes me.

they are connected to the industry

So...having seen the references to the Charles Manson and Mein Kampf stuff and then googling around to find cache's of the old forum to find out what that was about made me realize I could probably view a lot of the craziness of the old VMP Anthology thread the same way... it is really kind of entertaining how spectacularly that thread escalated and flamed out. I had forgotten a lot of the hilariously cringey VJ interactions.
"Smile more."
"Play a record. It'll make you feel better."
"I'm just here to talk music and share with like minded people."
"To say that it has the potential to be a game changer, in how vinyl is presented and appreciated, would not be an exaggeration."
"Seriously, stop being a douche. Try being friendly, it works better."

And @pijo accurately proclaiming that the thread feels like a Twilight Zone episode all of a sudden.

So...having seen the references to the Charles Manson and Mein Kampf stuff and then googling around to find cache's of the old forum to find out what that was about made me realize I could probably view a lot of the craziness of the old VMP Anthology thread the same way... it is really kind of entertaining how spectacularly that thread escalated and flamed out. I had forgotten a lot of the hilariously cringey VJ interactions.
"Smile more."
"Play a record. It'll make you feel better."
"I'm just here to talk music and share with like minded people."
"To say that it has the potential to be a game changer, in how vinyl is presented and appreciated, would not be an exaggeration."
"Seriously, stop being a douche. Try being friendly, it works better."

And @pijo accurately proclaiming that the thread feels like a Twilight Zone episode all of a sudden.
For somebody who is so quick to tell people about how long he’s been running online forums, it was remarkably easy to push his buttons. I know a lot of people didn’t enjoy this part of the conversation, but I’m still savoring the moment when he told me that he stands by every word of his erotic fiction, as he was in the middle of deleting it from his site, and then lying about that. It wasn’t Mein Kampf, but in terms of forum self-owns, I submit that it deserves a place in the pantheon.

For somebody who is so quick to tell people about how long he’s been running online forums, it was remarkably easy to push his buttons. I know a lot of people didn’t enjoy this part of the conversation, but I’m still savoring the moment when he told me that he stands by every word of his erotic fiction, as he was in the middle of deleting it from his site, and then lying about that. It wasn’t Mein Kampf, but in terms of forum self-owns, I submit that it deserves a place in the pantheon.
His claims about standing by every word are still in the Google cache. I still remember trying to Google to see what you were talking about when I read that. I don't think it could have been more than a few hours after you had posted about it, but I couldn't find anything.

I don't remember if I posted in there about it, but the thing that blew me away was his bragging about running forums and knowing about forums and then not knowing very basic internet forum functions like replying with a quote and needing a link to find the jazz threads.

His claims about standing by every word are still in the Google cache. I still remember trying to Google to see what you were talking about when I read that. I don't think it could have been more than a few hours after you had posted about it, but I couldn't find anything.

I don't remember if I posted in there about it, but the thing that blew me away was his bragging about running forums and knowing about forums and then not knowing very basic internet forum functions like replying with a quote and needing a link to find the jazz threads.
A bit of the fiction is still cached. If you google “vinyl junkies throat” you’ll find it.

Edit: for the record, even though he kept trying to paint me as a prude, it was truly just...weird, and tagged as “news” on his site alongside pieces about VMP releases and RSD titles, and there was NO other creative writing or personal blog posts on his entire site. And it was BAD. We had first discussed it on the forum way back when somebody had found that he was offering his own AOTM clues on his site, and people were visiting it to try to figure out what his relationship was to VMP, since they weren’t saying (in hindsight, it looks like they were just one of his advertisers who threw some promo materials his direction for giveaways).

A bit of the fiction is still cached. If you google “vinyl junkies throat” you’ll find it.
Oh...oh my... I put that into google eager to read more weirdness (if it's not painfully obvious by now, I literally have nothing better to do tonight) and it was like I was punched in the face with grossness. It's not just the link titles, but the fact that I have that image and voice in my head as the one who crafted this...

yeah, I remember the first time it came up and then his defending of it the second time and then the thread exploded before I got to hear anymore, I am tempted to see cache version of the Ant thread but it probably really isn't worth it

Back