Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Guessing nobody at BN has that font on their PCs to retype the original rear sleeve either? Weird reasoning to me, I just can't imagine a plain text on white image is that hard to replicate from scratch.

I didn't order this for two reasons, I thought it was overpriced and I had no faith in VMP. That being said, to @Mr Moore's point, create the back cover from scratch, hell, you could have recreated the entire package from scratch, this is 2019 and you had Blue Note in on this project.........I can take creases out of old photos and add pieces that are missing with FREE software. I know I've been critical of them for a while, but do they seriously not see stuff like this being an issue when they make those decisions......especially with their track record?

Or more disheartening, do they think their customer base is just a bunch of hipsters who will buy anything and not complain because they don't know any better.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I mean in 2008 AP did a 2 LP 45 of this with the original back cover and in 2009 Blue Note themselves reissued it with the original back cover so this excuse from VMP is total bull.
I'm doing my best to put the pressure on them on the FB group. It really should not be ignored or handwaved so easily.

Wonder why they were pressing pause on the forums now? lol

I find it interesting that their first response was "this was the art Blue Note sent us" and their second response was "Blue Note didn't have original art so the production team went through a lot of effort trying to reproduce it and they couldn't so we went with this"

1. Pit
2. Tryin To Talk Way Out Of It

Pressing sounds pretty good! Listening to Horace now and I'm into it.

Glad to hear this. My box just reached Canada for me, so I'm probably a week away from spinning mine.

And as annoying as the lack of attention to detail on the Dexter back cover is, if that's the only mistake and the records sound great I'll be happy.

Pressing sounds pretty good! Listening to Horace now and I'm into it.
Yeah I said it earlier and I'll say it again, I really hope these all sound great and that everyone is happy with their purchases. I don't get any joy out of pointing out VMPs foot shooting incompetence (okay a little joy) but I just really wish they would do better, but they've repeatedly shown that they either won't or can't fix their myriad issues.

While I was looking at the Classic Records and Analogue Productions versions to see their cover art, it occurred to me I could just sell this copy and then buy one of those. Then it occurred to me that no one is going to want to buy a fucked up version of the record when they could easily get one that is done correctly. So, the album is basically devalued by having this mistake. Not that I would want to resell it under other circumstances, but how much would someone actually pay for this now? Maybe $10? Do they even realize they sold this set as an "experience"?

One of my BIGGEST pet peeves in this hobby I’ve chosen is the people who insist on rolling through just to comment with I dOnT CaRe I’m HeRe FoR tHe MuSiC like ok we are too but this shit ain’t cheap, so stop trying to cheapen/negate valid criticism just because you’ve decided you’re above it. Those comments started like 90% of the overblown drama on the last forum.

Not saying y’all are doing that, just talking about stuff I’m reading in the Facebook group. Though I guess if any of you are the ones posting those comments then I *am* talking about you.

One of my BIGGEST pet peeves in this hobby I’ve chosen is the people who insist on rolling through just to comment with I dOnT CaRe I’m HeRe FoR tHe MuSiC like ok we are too but this shit ain’t cheap, so stop trying to cheapen/negate valid criticism just because you’ve decided you’re above it. Those comments started like 90% of the overblown drama on the last forum.

Not saying y’all are doing that, just talking about stuff I’m reading in the Facebook group. Though I guess if any of you are the ones posting those comments then I *am* talking about you.
100% The dude who posted a picture of the back cover and said to just read that while listening to the album really annoys the shit out of me.

And to think there was a time where I was slightly regretting not hopping on the Anthology train. It was a cool concept, but I could see how many moving parts there had to be from a mile away, and I wasn't confident that VMP could maneuver them without at least a couple major mix-ups. On one hand I'm not happy to see it, but on the other hand,

what was it they said after the Doggystyle incident? Details matter? They really should've clarified whether or not it's the correct details that matter the most :p

And to think there was a time where I was slightly regretting not hopping on the Anthology train. It was a cool concept, but I could see how many moving parts there had to be from a mile away, and I wasn't confident that VMP could maneuver them without at least a couple major mix-ups. On one hand I'm not happy to see it, but on the other hand,

what was it they said after the Doggystyle incident? Details matter? They really should've clarified whether or not it's the correct details that matter the most :p

It’s all in the details

Back