Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I'm not super down for this, which is okay really, but some day they're going to do one that's going to hurt my wallet, just not right now. I had a feeling the first rap anthology was going to land with a thud for me.

EDIT: Not to discredit Memphis as a rap city, but none of it truly resonates with me.
It's not my jam, and I'm very picky about my RHH picks to begin with, but I really appreciate that this is some in-the-weeds lost sounds found shit.

It being a collab with Now-Again makes me think it'll be nothing but artists no one has ever heard of. Storf already confirmed zero Three 6 Mafia presence on it.

A lot of their stuff has been reissued on vinyl over the past 3 years anyway.

Also, is that zero Three 6 Mafia presence AT ALL, including solo stuff, offshoots and associated acts? Or just no Three 6 Mafia albums proper?

Some guesses...

• Eightball & M.J.G. - either Comin' Out Hard or On The Outside Looking In (wildcard: Space Age 4 Eva)
  • Tela - Piece of Mind
  • Tommy Wright III - either Memphis Massacre or Feel Me Before They Kill Me (wildcard: Runnin-N-Gunnin)
  • (Princess) Loko - Its All On Me
  • Shawty Pimp - Tha Substance
  • La' Chat - Murder She Spoke (*might be out due to having been affiliated with Three 6)
  • Playa Fly - Movin' On or Da Game Owe Me (wildcard: Fly Sh_t) (*might be out due to having been affiliated with Three 6, but also dissed them hard)
  • Al Kapone - Sinista Funk or Pure Ghetto Anger
  • Gangsta Pat - All About Comin' Up or The Story Of My Life (wildcard: Tear Yo Club Down)
  • Lil Wyte - No Sick Days (*might be out due to having been affiliated with Three 6)
  • DJ Spanish Fly - Black Radio
  • Ten Wanted Men - Wanted: Dead Or Alive or 10 Toes Down

If you look at Egon's Instagram he was in Memphis a couple of years back meeting with artists and posted up a bunch of pictures of who he met, what tapes he got access to etc... so I'd imagine there's some pretty big clues in there... just google 'Egon Memphis'...

1698163332714.png

1698163404895.png

I think it's cool. Idk any of the music. On the fence since I have the feeling it'll be on sale eventually. Who was asking for this? Over 1000 people?
Yeah I can see this sticking around for a while just like Vanguard.

Back