Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I’m all for them repressing this so more people can get it. Like others, I wish they would just say 1st edition limited to xxxx and make it different somehow. I’m glad the my have started doing this from now on (seems the last few all said “first edition limited to….”

I don’t know if they originally phrased it like that for Zamrock but they definitely did it with some other older anthologies including Herbie and The Grateful Dead and have been doing it ever since. In fact I seem to recall some cheeky comments at the idea of a second GD pressing given it seemed to take forever to sell out of the first pressing.

I’m in the “if they change up the packaging or make it noticeably different in some way I’m fine with it” camp. In fact I kind of hope they do a Blue Note second edition, that pitch black box the records came in is fug and deserves a nicer presentation.

I don’t know if they originally phrased it like that for Zamrock but they definitely did it with some other older anthologies including Herbie and The Grateful Dead and have been doing it ever since. In fact I seem to recall some cheeky comments at the idea of a second GD pressing given it seemed to take forever to sell out of the first pressing.

I’m in the “if they change up the packaging or make it noticeably different in some way I’m fine with it” camp. In fact I kind of hope they do a Blue Note second edition, that pitch black box the records came in is fug and deserves a nicer presentation.
They didn’t say it would be repressed. In fact Now-Again sold a bunch of copies for $400 and said they were the last copies available and pretty sure they said it would not be repressed.

Herbie, Dead, and later ones all said “first edition”.

What if the Impulse! box is so terrible we wish it never happened?
This is probably my biggest worry....but at the same time I don't know that they have truly made any AWFUL box sets so far. Maybe Herbie seemed like the most squandered opportunity but I know Herbie seemed involved in the curation of that one.

This is probably my biggest worry....but at the same time I don't know that they have truly made any AWFUL box sets so far. Maybe Herbie seemed like the most squandered opportunity but I know Herbie seemed involved in the curation of that one.

Personally I think Willie was there biggest flop. Which isn't even absolutely terrible, so your first point stands.

Yeah, like the Herbie Anthology, I could definitely see quibbling with the 8 albums selected. Or already having 2 of them - especially whatever the Coltrane album is. I mean, I don't see how you tell the "Story of Impulse!" without A Love Supreme.

When I asked Storf in January he said it was definitely coming this year, and they wanted to make it perfect as they know it's going to be beloved. Grain of salt obviously, but I do think they know this is the anthology that will be the most nitpicked by Audiophiles, Hoffman Forums, N&Gers, etc.

Back