Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I'm 2 in and so far so good pressing wise. But 1 for 2 on flat discs
Country Willie sounds great all the way through and might be the quietest vinyl I've ever heard and flat as a pancake. Such simple arrangements that really shine and would be ruined by a noisy record. Started to listen to Yesterday’s Wine and good, so far. Pretty flat, no warping of any note. If this is this what GZ can do when they the put their mind to it, it just makes me more disappointed for some of the duds. Here's hoping it keeps up like this through the rest.

Storf said in the podcast it will have both a John and Alice Coltrane album

Yeah I think everyone knew Coltrane was a lock, Alice is exciting but will probably be a digitally archived file source. They can do Coltrane and still not be a-list like ALS. Could be one of his not quite as popular impulse titles (which i really hope it is). Hoping for Africa Brass, Ascension, s/t, or something like that

Listened to the podcast for the impulse info:

*8 albums

*possibly pressed at new VMP plant, if not there are a small handful of plants they want to use and are still sorting out which one to use

*submitted the artwork over a year ago for printing

*early 2023 at the earliest

*Storf thinks it’s the perfect mix of stuff people want that hasn’t been reissued and deep cuts that “I don’t think any other company on earth would put in the middle of an impulse box set” lol

*one of the first LPs from the label to the early 70s

*john Coltrane record in it and Alice Coltrane record in it. The set is book-ended by the two (John Coltrane first, Alice last)

If the Alice is last and they do it chronologically sounds like that means no Sons of Kemet. Oh well

Unless they do Kirtan:Turiya Sings

Listened to the podcast for the impulse info:

*8 albums

*possibly pressed at new VMP plant, if not there are a small handful of plants they want to use and are still sorting out which one to use

*submitted the artwork over a year ago for printing

*early 2023 at the earliest

*Storf thinks it’s the perfect mix of stuff people want that hasn’t been reissued and deep cuts that “I don’t think any other company on earth would put in the middle of an impulse box set” lol

*one of the first LPs from the label to the early 70s

*john Coltrane record in it and Alice Coltrane record in it. The set is book-ended by the two (John Coltrane first, Alice last)
My guess based on this info (and other VMP history). And a little of my own wishlist.

JC - Africa/Brass (1961)
Max Roach - It’s Time (1962)
Lorez Alexandria - Alexandria the Great (1964)
Gabor Szabo - Spellbinder (1966)
Mel Brown - Chicken Fat (1967)
Archie Shepp - The Magic of Ju-Ju (1968)
Pharoah Sanders - Black Unity (1971)
Alice Coltrane - World Galaxy (1972)

My guess based on this info (and other VMP history). And a little of my own wishlist.

JC - Africa/Brass (1961)
Max Roach - It’s Time (1962)
Lorez Alexandria - Alexandria the Great (1964)
Gabor Szabo - Spellbinder (1966)
Mel Brown - Chicken Fat (1967)
Archie Shepp - The Magic of Ju-Ju (1968)
Pharoah Sanders - Black Unity (1971)
Alice Coltrane - World Galaxy (1972)

I would most likely be in for that.

Back