Vinyl Me Please Anthology

At this point it just seems like they will always use GZ because:

A) exclusive colored vinyl makes the set unique for if/when these are pressed on regular black vinyl later

B) GZ has the most color options

C) lowest cost to produce to allow the most profit without hiking up the anthology price even more

D) GZ may be the only plant that can accomodate them right now with how busy RTI/QRP/Pallas are

Pauly spoke on reddit about them working hard behind the scenes to fix the issues but pretty much said they still plan to use GZ.

At this point it just seems like they will always use GZ because:

A) exclusive colored vinyl makes the set unique for if/when these are pressed on regular black vinyl later

B) GZ has the most color options

C) lowest cost to produce to allow the most profit without hiking up the anthology price even more

D) GZ may be the only plant that can accomodate them right now with how busy RTI/QRP/Pallas are

Pauly spoke on reddit about them working hard behind the scenes to fix the issues but pretty much said they still plan to use GZ.
All good points and probably the case. In terms of volume capacity needed to pump out essentials every month and other pressing plants already booked out 1 year plus in advance or not taking new business, probably not much else they could do. However....the lack of quality control over the final product IMO is all on VMP.

I whole hardly believe there is not a clean pressing of Deloused or Wu-Tang in existence. With a proper QA process those turds would have never been shipped out to customers. Fixing things behind the scenes is just lip service. Just like they were fixing their distribution model, which to this day is still rough.

All good points and probably the case. In terms of volume capacity needed to pump out essentials every month and other pressing plants already booked out 1 year plus in advance or not taking new business, probably not much else they could do. However....the lack of quality control over the final product IMO is all on VMP.

I whole hardly believe there is not a clean pressing of Deloused or Wu-Tang in existence. With a proper QA process those turds would have never been shipped out to customers. Fixing things behind the scenes is just lip service. Just like they were fixing their distribution model, which to this day is still rough.
I'm on my like... 5th? 6th Wu Tang? I think if you have a Fine Line or Shibata cart then no, there are definitely not any clean ones in existence. Mine have all been pretty much terrible save one that's SLIGHTLY better than the others. And by slightly I mean the noise lasts through the entirety of Bring The Ruckus, but no further.

EDIT- Oh and just to add, every single disc two on those Wu's also have noise. So it ain't just disc one. Same goes for ATliens and PE. So I would not be touching anything GZ is producing with a ten foot pole right now...

Last edited:

agree with everything here but it’s the problem with monthly subscription deliveries. If VMP held back pressings and had 3 or 4 months in a row of delays and subscribers getting nothing… can you imagine how many subscribers they would lose? They would be inundated with cancellations and demands for money back. Most people seem to be okay with store credit or playing replacement roulette until there’s finally a copy that’s acceptable. A lot of people insist their copies are fine as well.

All good points and probably the case. In terms of volume capacity needed to pump out essentials every month and other pressing plants already booked out 1 plus in advance or not taking new business, probably not much else they could do. However....the lack of quality control over the final product IMO is all on VMP.

They used to be really good with this,. When they put out donuts they informed all subscribers by e-mail and automatically send replacement. The last month, once complaints stack on reddit etc people at first get cs replies of no known issues, then "looking into it" and finally setting on lists for presumably repressed that are never officially announced but surface he or on reddit through cs replies. Add in the recent new rules of a 2 replacement limit without the chance of reimbursement gafter the 2nd and now no replacement for anthologies, either none of their cs gets training and the all do as they please or it's company policy to try to make people jump through hoop with complaints so as to minimize number of replacement etc needed. People here and on reddit are sharing their experiences and affirming others in pressing for resolutions of problems but that is only a tiny fraction of the customer base. The majority who does not know the experiences of others might just accept whatever first cx reply they get

I'm on my like... 5th? 6th Wu Tang? I think if you have a Fine Line or Shibata cart that no, there are definitely not any clean ones in existence. Mine have all been pretty much terrible save one that's SLIGHTLY better than the others. And by slightly I mean the noise lasts through the entirety of Bring The Ruckus, but no further.
Ugh. I hate it so much. I stuck with it because I loved these albums and wanted a "definitive" version. :cautious:

You just reminded me I need to take videos for my 4th Wu Tang, 3rd Grizzly Bear, 2nd Public Enemy, and 3rd Outkast.

Ugh. I hate it so much. I stuck with it because I loved these albums and wanted a "definitive" version. :cautious:

You just reminded me I need to take videos for my 4th Wu Tang, 3rd Grizzly Bear, 2nd Public Enemy, and 3rd Outkast.
I gave up on PE, went through 3, all the same. I don't think there's clean ones of that one either. You're Fine Line stylus yes?

Also gave up on Volta and ATliens but at least those are getting a repress. Which I expect will be terrible too.

agree with everything here but it’s the problem with monthly subscription deliveries. If VMP held back pressings and had 3 or 4 months in a row of delays and subscribers getting nothing… can you imagine how many subscribers they would lose? They would be inundated with cancellations and demands for money back. Most people seem to be okay with store credit or playing replacement roulette until there’s finally a copy that’s acceptable. A lot of people insist their copies are fine as well.

I agree. That had to 100% play into the decision calculus.

I wonder how many of their customers know what they are listening to or what is acceptable vs. not. Throw in all the unopened or yet to be played copies, flipper stock, etc. and its not surprising that the outcry hasn't been stronger.

I gave up on PE, went through 3, all the same. I don't think there's clean ones of that one either. You're Fine Line stylus yes?

Also gave up on Volta and ATliens but at least those are getting a repress. Which I expect will be terrible too.

I'm going to continue to believe my ears are not good enough for stylus' that fancy or speaker cables that good

1634755902999.png

Superfine polished elliptical. I swear if one more fuck tard on reddit says its my system I am going to lose it. :p

Back