Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Do I stay an anthology competitionist.....
Totally your call of course, but given that this appears to be what are you are signing up for, I would strongly advise against.
$339 for GZ pressed records that they are apparently no longer offering replacements if you get a bad one? FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck them and fuck that.

The Quincy anthology has just been revealed. Overall, some interesting choices (I love that Back on the Block has finally been expanded to two vinyl records), but some meh ones too (aren't plenty clean originals of The Dude, The Wiz motion picture soundtrack, Walking in Space, and Body Heat readily available for much, much cheap?)
The Dude is a staple in every record stores $1 bin for sure.

Just a heads up, Pauly clarified they do have replacements for the discs, they just aren't at the warehouse yet. FYI
The guy who posted originally on reddit messaged me because of my experience with trying to get replacements for Zamrock. I told him to fight back and he messaged me to say that they offered him a replacement this AM after he CCed Matt on an email. So that's good at least. Frustrating that they are even telling people there were no replacements in the first place. I swear nobody at VMP talks to each other.

The guy who posted originally on reddit messaged me because of my experience with trying to get replacements for Zamrock. I told him to fight back and he messaged me to say that they offered him a replacement this AM after he CCed Matt on an email. So that's good at least. Frustrating that they are even telling people there were no replacements in the first place. I swear nobody at VMP talks to each other.
Yeah I mean I don't think that guy would go and post if they just said "they aren't available yet".

The Dude is a staple in every record stores $1 bin for sure.
I bought two near-mint copies of The Dude months ago because it was a sore omission in my vinyl collection for the longest. Incredible engineering and recording. Universal did an unnecessary colored vinyl reissue of the album for its 40th anniversary this summer and the quality wasn't received well at all. I suspect it was pressed at Pallas. The reissue that's in this Anthology has a similar color variant, but it's pure yellow and is pressed at GZ.

Have past anthologies had 2nd editions? Does this mean the boxset is also getting a wider release outside of vmp?
I think ever since Grateful Dead they have included the language "First pressing limited to xxxx". In case they sell out quickly and want to press more later I imagine. Or to do a wider release like you said at some point. So far, they seem to have trouble selling out of most and either sell off excess copies to retailers like Acoustic Sounds or sell sets to break up to places like Brooklyn Vegan.

Between the picks, the price point and the pressing plant this anthology amounts to pretty much hot garbage to me.
I think the picks are fine (Personally not into The Wiz, and Miles at Montreaux is inessential, but...) and GZ is a deal-breaker, but this offer sure sweetens the pot...

"With the purchase of The Story of Quincy Jones Anthology, you will receive a free 3-month access pass to Qwest TV..."

It's good that folks are working to hold them accountable, but unfortunate that they keep trying to evolve their policies. All the while, prices continue to climb, quality continues to be less of a priority, and the customer service continues to be wildly inconsistent. I could say something less kind, but let's just say it's an interesting model...

I think the picks are fine (Personally not into The Wiz, and Miles at Montreaux is inessential, but...) and GZ is a deal-breaker, but this offer sure sweetens the pot...

"With the purchase of The Story of Quincy Jones Anthology, you will receive a free 3-month access pass to Qwest TV..."
well in that case...
giphy.gif

Back