Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I'm in if this Q Anthology offers this combo: Sinatra at the Sands/Kevin Gray/QRP.
I have this (although now I'm not sure if it's KG/QRP....it does sound excellent though) and it's an absolute stunner. I'm not even a huge fan of ol' blue eyes, but it's so, so good.

I think this is going to be different to others in the sense that it will potentially accommodate such a broad range of music. It's going to be really interesting to see how this one sells. These sets really aren't that cheap and I think most people would have to be on board with the vast majority of the records in the set (if not all of them) to justify paying the premium price. The more eclectic the choices, the less chance of someone wanting every single one.
I think it will be interesting to see how this one sells too! I think because the VMP Anthologies are expensive, that it’s important the pressing details are great! The pressings in the Anthology box need to be pressed at a top quality pressing plant such as QRP for it to sell well in my opinion, as people who will drop USD$250 on a vinyl purchase will be weary of those kind of details!

If Michael Jackson is in this Anthology box, then it will definitely help with the sales too!

I think it will be interesting to see how this one sells too! I think because the VMP Anthologies are expensive, that it’s important the pressing details are great! The pressings in the Anthology box need to be pressed at a top quality pressing plant such as QRP for it to sell well in my opinion, as people who will drop USD$250 on a vinyl purchase will be weary of those kind of details!

If Michael Jackson is in this Anthology box, then it will definitely help with the sales too!
but isn´t off the wall widely available for cheap on vinyl already?

That’s be enormous hypocrisy from VMP who love to virtue signal with some problematic artists to then go and press a peadophiles album.
And even ignoring that (as VMP likes to do) I don't think they'd be able to get any sort of exclusive rights to press/remaster any MJ albums unless they are one of his less desirable ones.

And even ignoring that (as VMP likes to do) I don't think they'd be able to get any sort of exclusive rights to press/remaster any MJ albums unless they are one of his less desirable ones.
Ding ding ding

They're not going to spend a ton licensing MJ. If it were an exclusive and they were the only ones with it and could make serious bucks with it, maybe. But look at how amateurish they handled the dead. How do you not make money selling dead records? By not offering what people want. And that's why they offloaded all those extra copies to third party resellers.

So, the thing about Quincy's pop albums is that they were immaculately mastered during the period that was arguably the peak period for vinyl. I've been using my OG copies of Off the Wall and George Benson's "Give Me the Night" as demo albums when evaluating new gear for many years. I'm not sure a remaster can actually improve on the originals in this case.

By the way, that Benson album is fantastic and everyone should check it out.

I think they go all Quincy as leader albums:

This is How I Feel About Jazz
Big Band Bossa Nova
In the Heat of the Night (OST)
Smackwater Jack
Body Heat
The Dude
Back on the Block

Which would be awesome. Like everyone else, if it's pressed at QRP, RTI, or Pallas I'm likely in, and if it's pressed at GZ, I'm out. While I'm sure I would get a clean set eventually, I just don't have the time and patience.

Although a Quincy Jones x Difficult Men Anthology sure would have some amazing albums:

Frank Sinatra - At the Sands
Quincy Jones & Bill Cosby - The Original Jam Session
Michael Jackson - Off the Wall
Miles Davis & Quincy Jones - Live at Montreaux

but they are offering $48 in store credit and a free previous ROTM! woohoo!

this is bringing back memories of when this happened to me for the Zamrock box and then they suddenly found some spare copies after CCing Matt and threatening a chargeback. the damn thing isn't even sold out yet so they clearly have replacements available.

but they are offering $48 in store credit and a free previous ROTM! woohoo!

this is bringing back memories of when this happened to me for the Zamrock box and then they suddenly found some spare copies after CCing Matt and threatening a chargeback. the damn thing isn't even sold out yet so they clearly have replacements available.
Wow. Like..... wow

Back