Vinyl Me Please Anthology

When is the Vanguard Anthology set to ship? I didn't order it, but the podcast for it just popped up in my Podcast app. Listening to the first couple minutes and it sounds like it's hosted by Storf.

When is the Vanguard Anthology set to ship? I didn't order it, but the podcast for it just popped up in my Podcast app. Listening to the first couple minutes and it sounds like it's hosted by Storf.
reports on reddit of it shipping today

Gotta be. The email says “get ready for the dude…”

i'd be interested, but if "the dude" is in this i may pass. i hate it when people say this sorta thing, but: that is an album one can get at almost any record store at any time for dollar bin prices. hell, MOST of his mid-60s, 70s, and 80s albums are dirt cheap. that's why i have six copies of "you've got it bad girl". but maybe if they include a door-sized replica of the poster from that one i'll change my mind.

I am extremely excited to see what this Quincy Jones anthology box will be!!! 👀

I really hope Michael Jackson’s Off The Wall and The Brothers Johnson’s Right On Time are included in the Anthology! I love the song “Stomp” by The Brothers Johnson so much, that I’d be thrilled if their album Light Up The Night was included in the Anthology too (instead of Right On Time)!

Oh my goodness, I am just so freaking hyped up to see what this VMP Anthology will be! I have a good feeling I’m going to definitely want to purchase this one! 😍🙇‍♂️💵

I am extremely excited to see what this Quincy Jones anthology box will be!!! 👀

I really hope Michael Jackson’s Off The Wall and The Brothers Johnson’s Right On Time are included in the Anthology! I love the song “Stomp” by The Brothers Johnson so much, that I’d be thrilled if their album Light Up The Night was included in the Anthology too (instead of Right On Time)!

Oh my goodness, I am just so freaking hyped up to see what this VMP Anthology will be! I have a good feeling I’m going to definitely want to purchase this one! 😍🙇‍♂️💵
I think this is going to be different to others in the sense that it will potentially accommodate such a broad range of music. It's going to be really interesting to see how this one sells. These sets really aren't that cheap and I think most people would have to be on board with the vast majority of the records in the set (if not all of them) to justify paying the premium price. The more eclectic the choices, the less chance of someone wanting every single one.

I'm in if this Q Anthology offers this combo: Sinatra at the Sands/Kevin Gray/QRP.
I really do hope this is pressed at either RTI or QRP! I’d also be happy if this Anthology set mastered by Bernie Grundman, Ryan Smith or Kevin Gray, as I can imagine them all being really good! If we’re getting Michael Jackson and The Brothers Johnson and more post 70’s soul, then I’d personally want Ryan Smith to be the mastering engineer!

Back