Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I'll stick close to my original guesses, but I'll shift a little as I think Herbie had some say in it, and I would guess we get Maiden Voyage, Speak Like A Child, and River: The Joni Letters as Herbie has spoken highly of those in a few interviews I've read. The fact Head Hunters is in the Spotify link makes me think we are getting that, despite it being the easiest audiophile Herbie album to get. Intrigued to see and hear which albums are in it, the pressing #, and the cost.

Maiden Voyage (Blue Note Leader)
Empyrean Isles Speak Like a Child (More Blue Note Leader)
Live at the Plugged Nickel (Miles' 2nd Quintet)
Sextant Head Hunters (Jazz-Funk Fusion)
VSOP (VSOP)
Future Shock (80s Herbie)
Dis is Da Drum (90s Herbie)
Gershwin's World River: The Joni Letters (Elder Statesman Herbie)
You don’t think we’ll get neither Sextant, Man-Child or Thrust!?! 🥺🥺🥺

Canadians - so strong in humanitarian principles, yet so weak in FOMO records.
Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT BRING ME ALL THE FUCKING VINYL TOO WE NEEEEEEDS IT PRECIOUS

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT BRING ME ALL THE FUCKING VINYL TOO WE NEEEEEEDS IT PRECIOUS

I knew Trudeau was just Gollum with a top-notch makeup artist.

I'll stick close to my original guesses, but I'll shift a little as I think Herbie had some say in it, and I would guess we get Maiden Voyage, Speak Like A Child, and River: The Joni Letters as Herbie has spoken highly of those in a few interviews I've read. The fact Head Hunters is in the Spotify link makes me think we are getting that, despite it being the easiest audiophile Herbie album to get. Intrigued to see and hear which albums are in it, the pressing #, and the cost.

Maiden Voyage (Blue Note Leader)
Empyrean Isles Speak Like a Child (More Blue Note Leader)
Live at the Plugged Nickel (Miles' 2nd Quintet)
Sextant Head Hunters (Jazz-Funk Fusion)
VSOP (VSOP)
Future Shock (80s Herbie)
Dis is Da Drum (90s Herbie)
Gershwin's World River: The Joni Letters (Elder Statesman Herbie)
Omg, you don’t even think we’ll be getting Secrets or Sunlight too! 😭😭😭

This is what I would want the Boxset to be like in terms of what’s getting picked:

Empryean Isles
Maiden Voyage
Speak Like A Child
Sextant
Thrust
Sunlight
Future Shock
River: The Joni Letters

Omg, you don’t even think we’ll be getting Secrets or Sunlight too! 😭😭😭

This is what I would want the Boxset to be like in terms of what’s getting picked:

Empryean Isles
Maiden Voyage
Speak Like A Child
Sextant
Thrust
Sunlight
Future Shock
River: The Joni Letters

I have it on good authority that it's 8 LP's worth of remixes of the song 'Rockit'.

If it's $350 after the discount I'm probably in. More than that ehhhh
For me, I’ll be taking both price and which titles they’ve chosen to be in the Boxset. I’ll be happy to pay USD$420 after a discount if I actually really like all the albums!

If it’s along the lines of what TCell predicted, I would spend USD$320 max after a discount! Although I must say getting a 2XLP AAA, 180g pressing of VSOP would maybe make it more like USD$350 with those 8 picks!

It’s more about what’s in the box for me! I am still crossing my fingers we get both Maiden Voyage and Empryean Isles! I love the album ‘Speak Like A Child’ too! If we get at least two of those three albums, it’ll be a great start!

I’m still crossing my fingers that Head Hunters isn’t the Herbie fusion pick, and is instead Thurst, Secrets, Sunlight or Sextant! I hope we get two Herbie fusion records!

I don’t want any 90’s Herbie Hancock albums. Only album I want to get that came after Future Shock would be either River: The Joni Letters or Sound System!

Last edited:
For me, I’ll be taking both price and which titles they’ve chosen to be in the Boxset. I’ll be happy to pay USD$420 after a discount if I actually really like all the albums!

If it’s along the lines of what TCell predicted, I would spend USD$320 max after a discount! Although I must say getting a 2XLP AAA, 180g pressing of VSOP would maybe make it more like USD$350 with those 8 picks!

It’s more about what’s in the box for me! I am still crossing my fingers we get both Maiden Voyage and Empryean Isles! I love the album ‘Speak Like A Child’ too! If we get at least two of those three albums, it’ll be a great start!

I’m still crossing my fingers that Head Hunters isn’t the Herbie fusion pick, and is instead Thurst, Secrets, Sunlight or Sextant! I hope we get two Herbie fusion records!

I don’t want any 90’s Herbie Hancock albums. Only album I want to get that came after Future Shock would be either River: The Joni Letters or Sound System!

I've been an Anthology completionist and I have 0 albums by Herbie besides Mr. Hands so if the price is right I'm in.

I've been an Anthology completionist and I have 0 albums by Herbie besides Mr. Hands so if the price is right I'm in.
Oh wow! I can’t believe you don’t have any Herbie Hancock! I highly recommend getting the recent Blue Note Tone Poet reissue of Herbie Hancock’s Prisoner! I’m sure the upcoming Tone Poet reissue of My Point Of View will sound superb too!

If I was in your position, I’d be hoping that we get Herbie Hancock’s Headhunters as that is Herbie Hancock’s best album in my opinion and is a certified classic!

But I guess you’re more concerned with the price tag rather than the picks, so hopefully this Boxset is priced well and isn’t too overpriced! 🤞

A foregone conclusion that it will be at least a little overpriced?

The AP of Headhunters is balls deep glorious.
Yeah, it’ll definitely be at least a bit overpriced! And yes, the AP Headhunters is glorious! Such open soundstage and it’s just a joy to spin! Headhunters is one of my favourite jazz albums of all time! 😍🏆

Till the autumnal equinox where I am? You are correct! Thank you for the acknowledgement.
I’m so excited for the drop! And guess what! I have been selling records and since last week, have earnt AUD$400! I’ve got just over AUD$400 in my PayPal account, so that’s going to be at least half of the price of the Herbie Hancock Boxset! 🙌🙌🙌

Last vinyl I purchased was the Conway The Machine album, and that was with my PayPal balance too! Money savings has been going awesome so far! 💪

Back