Vinyl Me Please Anthology

How was the Motown box set in both quality and delivery/overall "experience"? I feel like I haven't heard much about it...I might return for this one depending on price and what specific records are in it. I already own quite a few Stax records though...

I will never understand the point of not telling you the albums you're paying for, but I guess I'm weird and don't trust anyone to curate for me blindly with my $300.

It's more about the journey with these anthologies for me. I only own Stax records that are part of the Classics track. So for me, I'm not risking duplicating anything. I also like the box and the podcasts are interesting.

Last edited:
They listed the artists.
It's more about the journey with these anthologies. I only own Stax records that are part of the Classics track. So for me, I'm not risking duplicating anything.
Look, I get it, I said I'm weird. I am genuinely glad for everyone who enjoys that format. If I had a ton of disposable income at the moment, it wouldn't matter as much to me. But, not infrequently, when VMP picks an artist I'm interested in, I'm left scratching my head about why they picked the album they did.

Would I like to have an album from most of the artists in that list one day? Sure. Do I want every album, or think every album those artists made is of the same quality? Certainly not.

I'm sure there will be great stuff on there, but for me, personally, if I knew I would absolutely love 6 or 7 of the albums they pick, it would still be a hard decision for me. Therefore, it is a really easy decision to pass when they won't even tell me exactly what I'll be getting.

That makes sense. I always see these anthologies as a deluxe edition for a niche portion of their customer base. People who are willing to forego knowing everything ahead of time and are fine with a little mystery. I don't fault anyone who doesn't trust VMP with these big items. I do think they've done a pretty good job since their first Blue Note snafus.

That makes sense. I always see these anthologies as a deluxe edition for a niche portion of their customer base. People who are willing to forego knowing everything ahead of time and are fine with a little mystery. I don't fault anyone who doesn't trust VMP with these big items. I do think they've done a pretty good job since their first Blue Note snafus.

I agree. If everything goes well, then I personally won't have any issues with this rollout. I like the label. I like the artists mentioned. With the coupon, I think the pricing is fair for what you're getting. I'm really looking forward to this set. I skipped Ghostly because it didn't interest me. The Motown interested me, but not for $345. It was a little less with coupons, but it still wasn't super essential to me. Stax is essential and I can't wait!

Back