Vinyl Me Please Anthology

It’s literally like getting 8 Classics ROTM’s in one box! By looking at the artists included and pressing details (AAA, cut by Ryan Smith and pressed at QRP), it’s going to be amazing! 🌈

I’m also just very happy knowing that I will be having an 8LP Motown Boxset and an 8LP Stax Boxset, which both contain great quality pressings of great albums. I love both those record labels! ❤️

Stax Is an amazing label but if it's more than. $225 than nahhh tell me the actual albums and not the artists , vmp once again about to launch an anthology of records that can be bought at your local shop. #butNew=Shiny fuck the fomo bullshit music is not about missing out it's about involving people into an amazing experience and if you can't tell me what you're pressing than that's whack

Stax Is an amazing label but if it's more than. $225 than nahhh tell me the actual albums and not the artists , vmp once again about to launch an anthology of records that can be bought at your local shop. #butNew=Shiny fuck the fomo bullshit music is not about missing out it's about involving people into an amazing experience and if you can't tell me what you're pressing than that's whack
Yeah, I wish they told us what albums are in this Boxset.....Like, just be down to earth and freaking tell us! 😂

Yeah, I wish they told us what albums are in this Boxset.....Like, just be down to earth and freaking tell us! 😂
With how big the vinyl revival has been, I don't want to commit to something I can risk duplicates of, be honest, be forthcoming and your customers will appreciate you more. Great pressings are phenomenonal to own I understand that but seriously if two months later I find I can buy the same set for a $100 less. ... ThenWhy did I need you?

Man you can get almost every second-third tier Stax for a few bucks. Here is a hint- all the original ones are AAA too lol
But I want this Boxset because it is extremely good-looking. I’m aware there are AAA reissues that are much cheaper, but a lot of the Motown and Blue Note reissues I’ve purchased brand new for example, have had warps/scratches many of the times. I know this won’t be the case. And if there are any faulty records (if it’s like the VMP Anthology Motown, than there won’t be any issues), VMP will gladly replace me! And I plan on listening to the podcasts as well this time! 🎙📻🙇‍♂️

I don’t want to just buy Stax reissues. I want it to be curated in a Boxset for me! I’m definitely more of a Motown person than a Stax person, so I think the podcasts and overall experience will definitely make this experience special! 💎🎁

And I can also afford this Boxset! I’ve been putting a lot of things on a payment plan, so all has been good! Get paid on Wednesday luckily and I’ll be all good to buy this sweet thing when it drops 😇

PS - I really hope the William Bell record in this Boxset is “Phases of Reality” 🤞

But I want this Boxset because it is extremely good-looking. I’m aware there are AAA reissues that are much cheaper, but a lot of the Motown and Blue Note reissues I’ve purchased brand new for example, have had warps/scratches many of the times. I know this won’t be the case. And if there are any faulty records (if it’s like the VMP Anthology Motown, than there won’t be any issues), VMP will gladly replace me! And I plan on listening to the podcasts as well this time! 🎙📻🙇‍♂️

I don’t want to just buy Stax reissues. I want it to be curated in a Boxset for me! I’m definitely more of a Motown person than a Stax person, so I think the podcasts and overall experience will definitely make this experience special! 💎🎁

And I can also afford this Boxset! I’ve been putting a lot of things on a payment plan, so all has been good! Get paid on Wednesday luckily and I’ll be all good to buy this sweet thing when it drops 😇

PS - I really hope the William Bell record in this Boxset is “Phases of Reality” 🤞

just be careful with short term consumer credit Nathan, it’s not always the cheapest way to buy things and your liabilities can add up quickly if you are not careful. Only one misstep, or unfortunate situation, in employment and a mountain of debt can consume you very quickly.

just be careful with short term consumer credit Nathan, it’s not always the cheapest way to buy things and your liabilities can add up quickly if you are not careful. Only one misstep, or unfortunate situation, in employment and a mountain of debt can consume you very quickly.
So far all has been good! I’m actually so ready for 2020 in terms of health, fun, costs and just everything! COME AT ME 2020! 😂🐒

In terms of cost, it’s looking good! I just sent some money to my brother who needs it for his AirBNB in Salzburg for Christmas. So I’ll be getting money back for that soon. I’m also going to be saving $90 a month of personal training sessions, as my personal trainer is doing monthly payments now (like monthly commitments). So $90 a month is a nice saving! I’m only going to be buying 1 box of pre-prepared meals each week, instead of 2, saving me around $40 a week. I’ve bought all my casual fashion and gym fashion, so no buying clothes. I’ve got $500+ in VMP credits - my 12 month subscription will start again at the start of the year and I’ll still have credit!

I get candles half price from my friend! My car recently got serviced, just paid my car registration a few weeks ago. No more clubbing as that’s way too expensive these days and I’m going to be buying way less vinyl from 2020!

And I’m also going to be looking into a new job soon when I feel ready and hopefully move out of home!

Just as long as I have no big responsibilities - (like my parents do lol - paying off the house and bills. And no children or pets to feed and look after, no girlfriend etc), then for the time being, I can be a bit wild and splurge 😈

And I was in $18,000 travel debt before and paid that off in 5 months. when I was working night shift at Pfizer!

Just shows how lucky I am to be splurging and then still do a massive trip again hopefully mid 2020 in Europe! 🙏

So far all has been good! I’m actually so ready for 2020 in terms of health, fun, costs and just everything! COME AT ME 2020! 😂🐒

In terms of cost, it’s looking good! I just sent some money to my brother who needs it for his AirBNB in Salzburg for Christmas. So I’ll be getting money back for that soon. I’m also going to be saving $90 a month of personal training sessions, as my personal trainer is doing monthly payments now (like monthly commitments). So $90 a month is a nice saving! I’m only going to be buying 1 box of pre-prepared meals each week, instead of 2, saving me around $40 a week. I’ve bought all my casual fashion and gym fashion, so no buying clothes. I’ve got $500+ in VMP credits - my 12 month subscription will start again at the start of the year and I’ll still have credit!

I get candles half price from my friend! My car recently got serviced, just paid my car registration a few weeks ago. No more clubbing as that’s way too expensive these days and I’m going to be buying way less vinyl from 2020!

And I’m also going to be looking into a new job soon when I feel ready and hopefully move out of home!

Just as long as I have no big responsibilities - (like my parents do lol - paying off the house and bills. And no children or pets to feed and look after, no girlfriend etc), then for the time being, I can be a bit wild and splurge 😈

And I was in $18,000 travel debt before and paid that off in 5 months. when I was working night shift at Pfizer!

Just shows how lucky I am to be splurging and then still do a massive trip again hopefully mid 2020 in Europe! 🙏

I really hope you appreciate your parents and how lucky you have it with them and the easy life they afford you.

PS I’m into my top 10 over on What’s Spinning, I noticed you bailed at 13 yesterday!

I really hope you appreciate your parents and how lucky you have it with them and the easy life they afford you.

PS I’m into my top 10 over on What’s Spinning, I noticed you bailed at 13 yesterday!
Let’s continue the top #15 contdown in the What’s Spinning thread! 😈

I am actually starting again because the three records at #15, #14, #13 aren’t actually in my top 15 favourite vinyl records from 2019. I They were more like #18, #17 and #16! I’ve finalised my list with the vinyl I have. I just kinda was like “yeah, Julia Jacklin would be #15 and Crumb probs around #14. But then when I went to #10 onwards, I was like, OMG, I can’t fit in Solange. Stella Donnelly, Sharon Van Etten and Lana Del Rey etc. So yeah, I’m starting again! 🙊

But I’ve got a gym session soon, then am catching up with people, so I’m going to do 1-2 in the countdown from Monday! So it’s like a fresh start ☺️

Let’s continue the top #15 contdown in the What’s Spinning thread! 😈

I am actually starting again because the three records at #15, #14, #13 aren’t actually in my top 15 favourite vinyl records from 2019. I They were more like #18, #17 and #16! I’ve finalised my list with the vinyl I have. I just kinda was like “yeah, Julia Jacklin would be #15 and Crumb probs around #14. But then when I went to #10 onwards, I was like, OMG, I can’t fit in Solange. Stella Donnelly, Sharon Van Etten and Lana Del Rey etc. So yeah, I’m starting again! 🙊

But I’ve got a gym session soon, then am catching up with people, so I’m going to do 1-2 in the countdown from Monday! So it’s like a fresh start ☺

Yeah I’m hoping to get down to 6 tonight and so the top 5 tomorrow while I’m cooking!

Yeah I’m hoping to get down to 6 tonight and so the top 5 tomorrow while I’m cooking!
Can’t wait!!! 😃🕺💃

My Ariana Grande “Thank U, Next” and Caroline Polachek “Pang” vinyl won’t be coming anytime soon, so that’s a bugger. Otherwise it would of been a whopping 12 female artists to 3 male artists ratio wise! Tyler The Creator, Freddie Gibbs & Madlib, Alex Cameron and The Comet Is Coming are all in my top 15 but Alex Cameron would have been knocked off if I got the vinyl right now for Caroline Polachek!

Can’t wait!!! 😃🕺💃

My Ariana Grande “Thank U, Next” and Caroline Polachek “Pang” vinyl won’t be coming anytime soon, so that’s a bugger. Otherwise it would of been a whopping 12 female artists to 3 male artists ratio wise! Tyler The Creator, Freddie Gibbs & Madlib, Alex Cameron and The Comet Is Coming are all in my top 15 but Alex Cameron would have been knocked off if I got the vinyl right now for Caroline Polachek!

I think I’m 7 women to 8 men, it would have fallen the other way if it hadn’t been for a couple of stunners in the last couple of months!

Here's my 8 Guesses:

Booker T & The MGs - McLemore Avenue
Sam & Dave - Hold On I'm Coming (Caveat: All 3 Sam & Dave albums on Stax got reissued in 2017, but this was on Music on Vinyl , rather than Concord/Craft and it's in the promo video, so I guess this is it?)
Otis Redding - The Immortal Otis Redding (All of Otis' studio albums have been reissued recently in their own box set, so it has to be one of the post-humous albums.)
Bar-Kays - Soul Finger
Eddie Floyd - I've Never Found a Girl (OR You've Got to Have Eddie)
Johnnie Taylor - Raw Blues (OR Wanted: One Soul Singer, but that got reissued in 2016 on MoV)
Albert King - Live Wire / Blues Power (OR Years Gone By)
William Bell - Wow...

It’s not spoiler to say that you’ll see those pink slabs of vinyl spinning towards the end of my list!
It’s an incredible album. The musicality on that album is truly wonderful! Incredible how timeless yet how left-field and dizzying that album is! If I get that vinyl next week, it’s definitely on my list. But I don’t think it will be coming next week. I only purchased it last week...

But yes, I got the pink exclusive variant too! 🔥😍

It’s an incredible album. The musicality on that album is truly wonderful! Incredible how timeless yet how left-field and dizzying that album is! If I get that vinyl next week, it’s definitely on my list. But I don’t think it will be coming next week. I only purchased it last week...

But yes, I got the pink exclusive variant too! 🔥😍

I had it preordered the minute it came out, I think he’s the one of the most interesting artists in soul right now, Love & Hate was an equally awe inspiring album!

Hey by the way, if anyone wants to listen to the Ghostly podcast, it's on a public RSS feed. I suspect you guys can just search, should pop up.

Here's my 8 Guesses:

Booker T & The MGs - McLemore Avenue
Sam & Dave - Hold On I'm Coming (Caveat: All 3 Sam & Dave albums on Stax got reissued in 2017, but this was on Music on Vinyl , rather than Concord/Craft and it's in the promo video, so I guess this is it?)
Otis Redding - The Immortal Otis Redding (All of Otis' studio albums have been reissued recently in their own box set, so it has to be one of the post-humous albums.)
Bar-Kays - Soul Finger
Eddie Floyd - I've Never Found a Girl (OR You've Got to Have Eddie)
Johnnie Taylor - Raw Blues (OR Wanted: One Soul Singer, but that got reissued in 2016 on MoV)
Albert King - Live Wire / Blues Power (OR Years Gone By)
William Bell - Wow...
This is great info. I would love to see me guesses, some of y'all are so good at sleuthing this stuff out.

Back