Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Maybe these were five titles offered to VMP that they ultimately didn't choose to go with, like with Blue Note?

I think it's this. I understand it would be two competing Motown box sets, but Blue Note was flooding the market with BN Review, Music Matters SRX, Tone Poets and the BN80 titles and the Blue Note Anthology still sold out in a day.

On a positive, that Motown Mono box says it's remastered by Kevin Gray, 180g (although not where it's pressed) and Stoughton tip-on jackets so hopefully if Motown is Anthology2 than that would remain. One of my concerns was that VMP would drop the production quality to get to a lower price point.

So maybe not a Motown Anthology? Seems odd timing.

My understanding is that VMP will be releasing a colored vinyl version of this set, but with ‘STEREO’ emblazoned on the labels.

My understanding is that VMP will be releasing a colored vinyl version of this set, but with ‘STEREO’ emblazoned on the labels.
And a Xeroxed copy of liner notes will come a few weeks after the album. Not even in an envelope, they'll just fold it up, slap some tape on it and paste that shipping label on the outside.

And some people will log on to the web to say they think all these discrepancies actually add some character and charm and monetary value to the set and that the haters need to cease with their hating. And they will be ruthlessly and swiftly outed as having Colorado IP addresses! ! ! ! And the plot will thicken! ! !

Edit: Sorry I just realized it isn't very clear in this tweet without the Spotify embed, but these are anthology podcasts. I'm assuming each season is a different anthology.

So season 2 is Motown, and wasn't there some discussion about him researching Stax, so perhaps that is season 4. Thoughts on what Season 3 could be?

So season 2 is Motown, and wasn't there some discussion about him researching Stax, so perhaps that is season 4. Thoughts on what Season 3 could be?
I’m very happy that we got Blue Note first and then we will be getting Motown and Stax afterwards!

I’m hoping we get a West End Records Anthology! That would be real funky! I’ve got a Sugar Hill Records box set, but would really like a West End Records box set/Anthology!

I feel weirdly offended that they put the podcast up for public consumption, but it's really not a big deal at all.

I'm mixed on it. I think everyone should be able to listen to the podcast, but as someone who bought the Anthology, it does make me wonder what the added value was beyond the records themselves. <shrug> Me buying the Motown Anthology will be 100% dependent on a drop in the price.

Yeah fair enough. I think I'm just still salty from the overall "experience" and all the BS added value hype they failed to deliver.

Hoping the Motown box is reasonably priced. $150 range will probably get me but I reserve the right to be a sucker.

I seriously think after selling out so quickly on the first one there will not be a price drop. Especially with a Motown box. Motown will have more of a following than Blue Note.

I seriously think after selling out so quickly on the first one there will not be a price drop. Especially with a Motown box. Motown will have more of a following than Blue Note.
I don't know, there are essentially infinitely more expensive audiophile reissues of Blue Note albums then Motown albums for a reason.

Back