Vintage Equipment

So thanks to @Black Sheep Audio for the invite ..so here’s the story from 74

The original Hitachi SDT 2690R was my dads , brought new around 1975.. it was his pride and joy and I was NOT allowed near it ! Eventually I had my own slightly lesser Hitachi all in one before moving on to a Pioneer multistack with my first job and the arrival of CD’s.
When I brought my first house as a bachelor pad , I had my own music room , and Dad donated his original Pride and Joy as he had moved on to CDs and I still had both vinyl and CDs ...so I used it a fair bit as it’s got a great sound. Sadly one day a bit of smoke started come out of the speaker ports one day , so I stopped using it! It sat forlorn for a few years ...
When I moved house for a third time I had no room for it , so I offered it back to my Dad for safe keeping ...unknown to me he hid it in his office at work ! To avoid my Moms gaze ....
Queue further house moves to where I am now, Mom and Dad moved about too...he eventually had to confess he’d kept the old warhorse and sent it to a charity shop when he moved jobs.
So when he retired last year I decided to see if I could track down a working Model as a present for him...which I did for £40 ..another £80 for a service, clean , new stylus and bulbs..and here she is. ready to pass on....

Except ,.he doesn’t want it ! Fear of mom strikes again ..on pain of death can he accept it ! So his loss, my gain ..... original speakers long gone but my Acoustic Energy’s have two inputs so it plays wonderfully thru them ...not bad for 46 year old tech ...think they were around £350 new
3DEEF60B-F09C-4210-878B-4EF1E0796FA2.jpegD892E409-32D8-42AA-B457-398710259E77.jpegAD3B584F-679A-4BC4-9957-43C1C5FCBE4C.jpegD8678CC7-F261-4FE3-B772-06BCD785D169.jpeg2B7DF760-16FA-4365-B7DA-DD2B7B6FD45E.jpeg

So thanks to @Black Sheep Audio for the invite ..so here’s the story from 74

The original Hitachi SDT 2690R was my dads , brought new around 1975.. it was his pride and joy and I was NOT allowed near it ! Eventually I had my own slightly lesser Hitachi all in one before moving on to a Pioneer multistack with my first job and the arrival of CD’s.
When I brought my first house as a bachelor pad , I had my own music room , and Dad donated his original Pride and Joy as he had moved on to CDs and I still had both vinyl and CDs ...so I used it a fair bit as it’s got a great sound. Sadly one day a bit of smoke started come out of the speaker ports one day , so I stopped using it! It sat forlorn for a few years ...
When I moved house for a third time I had no room for it , so I offered it back to my Dad for safe keeping ...unknown to me he hid it in his office at work ! To avoid my Moms gaze ....
Queue further house moves to where I am now, Mom and Dad moved about too...he eventually had to confess he’d kept the old warhorse and sent it to a charity shop when he moved jobs.
So when he retired last year I decided to see if I could track down a working Model as a present for him...which I did for £40 ..another £80 for a service, clean , new stylus and bulbs..and here she is. ready to pass on....

Except ,.he doesn’t want it ! Fear of mom strikes again ..on pain of death can he accept it ! So his loss, my gain ..... original speakers long gone but my Acoustic Energy’s have two inputs so it plays wonderfully thru them ...not bad for 46 year old tech ...think they were around £350 new
View attachment 66427View attachment 66428View attachment 66429View attachment 66430View attachment 66431

Just a lovely unit and unique, It's the the only one I have ever seen. No Aux in ?

My recently deceased grandfather had a Sansui model 2000 that's mine if I want it. I currently am using a Kenwood modern surround sound stereo. Am I right in thinking that this will be an upgrade worth shipping across the country? @HiFi Guy

oooh I will play
So here’s my Dual 1219
JVC Receiver (i just like to look at and occasionally play radio on)
CastleSevern II speakers which i love like my own children....cimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I do really need to take top of that receiver and lightly hoover away the tonne of dust it has collected.

oooh I will play
So here’s my Dual 1219
JVC Receiver (i just like to look at and occasionally play radio on)
CastleSevern II speakers which i love like my own children....cView attachment 67478View attachment 67477View attachment 67476

I do really need to take top of that receiver and lightly hoover away the tonne of dust it has collected.
That's awesome. I've got my dad's old Dual 1215 and am probably going to be sending it out for a tune up to anchor a second system. What cart do you have on your 1219?

My recently deceased grandfather had a Sansui model 2000 that's mine if I want it. I currently am using a Kenwood modern surround sound stereo. Am I right in thinking that this will be an upgrade worth shipping across the country? @HiFi Guy

I’d think so. Do be prepared that it may need maintenance/service especially if it has been sitting unused for an extended period.

That's awesome. I've got my dad's old Dual 1215 and am probably going to be sending it out for a tune up to anchor a second system. What cart do you have on your 1219?
Shure M91 and i did have a local dealer with a big box of the original Shure Hi-Track styluses i can buy for £50
But recently (ish) i finally had to scratch an itch and i bought a Jico SAs stylus for oooh around £120. Too many gushing stories of the combo to ignore - And tbh am delighted with results.

Thanks yeah it might. I know it powers on and the lights for the radio tuner work so it's promising
get the exact model # and check out audiokarma. good folks over there.

Also @HiFi Guy the guy who duped me turns out he is SUPER famous on audiokarma and I am not alone. There's an entire thread about the guy. Anywho, my neighbor works for the FPI Fraud dept. and I am going to pay him a visit about said issue. Turns out this guy has done this 1000's of times.

Also @HiFi Guy the guy who duped me turns out he is SUPER famous on audiokarma and I am not alone. There's an entire thread about the guy. Anywho, my neighbor works for the FPI Fraud dept. and I am going to pay him a visit about said issue. Turns out this guy has done this 1000's of times.

Pretty shitty, to say the least. I hope the FBI is interested and catches up with him.

Yeah I put the exact model I believe

Back