Upcoming/Recent Shows

Branching out again. Saw the Louisville Orchestra play some Stravinsky last weekend (Neoclassical period, I think). It was very good, though I was about 30 years younger than the average audience member. I suppose I'll catch up to them eventually!

IMG_20191005_194345.jpg

Kero Kero Bonito (9:30 Club, Washington, DC, 10/8/18)

1008192206_HDR.jpgIMG_20191008_230913_920.jpg

I first heard of KKB when I saw a Twitch streamer named Acai play their song Flamingo on Guitar Hero. Never did I think that it would lead me here. All I can say is, WOW! What a fun, vibrant, energetic show! Indie rock/pop with tons of flair. They played all the hits, like Flamingo, Lipslap, Time Today and many more, all leading up to an encore of U2's Vertigo and fan favorite Trampoline (both complete with impressive metal screams from Sarah!) This was truly a show to remember!

Setlist: Kero Kero Bonito Setlist at 9:30 Club, Washington

Negative Gemini

IMG_20191008_204347_608.jpg

I also got to see and meet the opener Negative Gemini (who was just featured on Fantano's best tracks of the week! She gave Fantano a shout-out during the set!) She was so sweet and chill, and was lovely to talk to despite my awkwardness. I didn't take a picture with her, but I did get a record signed by her (which, miraculously, I managed to keep in shrink.) Couldn't get any great pics of her, due to her minimalist (but awesome looking!) lighting. She was amazing and sweet, hope I can catch her again sometime!

More pics of both artists are up on my Instagram (@sjettfolk) as always. Up next, back in DC in less than two weeks for Dennis DeYoung of Styx! 😁

Last edited:
Ooooh, this thread exists...
I wish I took more pics at Bad Religion, but sometimes I get too into the music and forget. The next "concert" I'm going to is Hot Wheels Monster Trucks. I will post pics if y'all want to see some sweet, sweet giant tires.

No worries. We like to share all show experiences with or without pics! :) 👹 🚙

Van Morrison ~ 10/8/19

Really surprised at how good Vans voice has held up. And if there is any song that takes me right back to leafing through my parents record collection, it's Moondance. So happy that I was finally able to see Van play it. We had tickets way in the back, but about 10 minutes before showtime they moved a bunch of us to the 20th row, dead center (he played a big outdoor arena here).

IMG_0081.JPG

Just nabbed tickets for Black Pumas here in LA at the Regent Theatre. Stoked, they killed it on Jimmy Kimmel, and I get to see Neal Francis open for them. I suspect I’ll be going home with a big bag of merch.

Caught Bruce Hornsby & The Noisemakers last week. Excellent show, really talented group of musicians. Violin player was from San Diego, so they featured him quite a bit. I've seen Bruce a few times, and never get tired of watching him play piano, just how effortless it is.

Bruce was a little cranky though. Someone yelled out for Jack Straw, and he made a point of stopping the show and saying that he doesn't do Dead covers anymore - 'there's plenty of bands out there that do that'. He also talked about writing songs with Justin Vernon/Bon Iver, but noted that nobody in the audience probably knew who that was...

Short notice invite last night to see Live and Bush on their ALT-imate tour. Hookup had us the VIP to hang out after with Bush. They're not really up my alley, but Gavin was super nice. Live really sounded great too, and the Portland Memorial Colosseum must have had a sound upgrade getting ready for the Blazers playing some games there this year for their 50th anniversary. 4F28450C-8D23-4DD1-9FA1-B1F7A3024C58.jpeg5A1B9568-86B3-4836-9DAE-0B067F4E9D8E.jpegBFBCDEC4-FE40-4BD7-9CEE-30C93F20A6F7.jpeg298F0C1B-585B-42DF-955F-2CB3A040902A.jpeg

Back