UK Members

I'm waiting on this too. I've a £120ish order with elusive disc that's been sitting there since June and they contacted me last week to say it's almost ready to go. Just waiting on the inevitable... 'sorry la. Need another 20 percent off you' now.

what are elusive disc like shipping wise? I’ve not used them

what are elusive disc like shipping wise? I’ve not used them
Not cheap to be honest. Think I paid $55 for a $160 order. But their customer service has been great on the occassions I've used them so I usually go with them over music direct. Plus they give you the shipping costs at the outset and occassionally discount them a little. They are great for providing updates too if something isn't in stock.

1 becomes 2, 2 becomes 3. Self restraint in record collecting is a hard thing...
There are 5 indies in Newcastle now as well as a few really good used places. All really cool. I try to spread my purchasing across all of them but find that they usually are the last places to sell out of stuff so always worth checking them if you're stuck.

Yup. Need to take more photos, but I do enjoy it. You?
I do but I've only ever used a phone and am thinking about a proper camera. I'm all but settled on one of the Fuji X-S10 or Sony 6400 but they come with 16-45/50 lenses and I'm trying to work out if I should get a 23 or 35 too (as it's interest free) or whether I'd not actually use them. I'm totally offay with government regulations in relation to school building. Cameras not so much

I’m a Fujifilm user. I have an XT-20 and I really like it. I think the interface and buttons are a bit more old-school compared to the Sony, but I like that. I actually use a really cheap 23 (or 27)mm fixed lens and shoot full manual. I use it a lot more than the kit lens I have, which is an 18-55mm. I really don’t take enough photos with it though, so I’m by no means an expert. The Sony would do you well though, so it’s all down to personal preference.

If you want to get a feel for the Fuji I’d check out a channel on YouTube by a guy called Omar Gonzalez, who has done a lot of how to videos on them.

I’m a Fujifilm user. I have an XT-20 and I really like it. I think the interface and buttons are a bit more old-school compared to the Sony, but I like that. I actually use a really cheap 23 (or 27)mm fixed lens and shoot full manual. I use it a lot more than the kit lens I have, which is an 18-55mm. I really don’t take enough photos with it though, so I’m by no means an expert. The Sony would do you well though, so it’s all down to personal preference.

If you want to get a feel for the Fuji I’d check out a channel on YouTube by a guy called Omar Gonzalez, who has done a lot of how to videos on them.
Ah cool. That actually really helps. Currys are doing 15% cashback through Top Cashback on the S-X10 at the minute so it works out at about £800 with the kit lens. The Sony is about 200 quid more so I'll probably go Fuji. A lot of the reviews seem to say that Fujifilm has moved away from the old school style controls but as I've never owned a proper camera I'd not really notice the difference. Just need to decide on the prime now.

Why have one expensive hobby when you can have two

Ah cool. That actually really helps. Currys are doing 15% cashback through Top Cashback on the S-X10 at the minute so it works out at about £800 with the kit lens. The Sony is about 200 quid more so I'll probably go Fuji. A lot of the reviews seem to say that Fujifilm has moved away from the old school style controls but as I've never owned a proper camera I'd not really notice the difference. Just need to decide on the prime now.

Why have one expensive hobby when you can have two
Exactly! Gear envy is strong on both...

I liked the Fuji for the old school look and feel of it, and I've changed a few of the key maps (Omar details them in his video). I had used an old Canon 400D before this, and I much prefer the size and versatility of the Fuji. One of the things I love about it is the ability to highlight the areas that are in focus in the viewfinder and back screen - it kind of highlights stuff in red. As I shoot full manual, and my cheapo lens is manual focus only, it's a really handy feature.

Exactly! Gear envy is strong on both...

I liked the Fuji for the old school look and feel of it, and I've changed a few of the key maps (Omar details them in his video). I had used an old Canon 400D before this, and I much prefer the size and versatility of the Fuji. One of the things I love about it is the ability to highlight the areas that are in focus in the viewfinder and back screen - it kind of highlights stuff in red. As I shoot full manual, and my cheapo lens is manual focus only, it's a really handy feature.
The reason the Sony was attractive is that it does eye tracking on animals so it would have worked better in theory when snapping doggo. But I kinda figured that the benefit may be negligible and not worth £200. Anyway, fuji has been ordered. I'll try to work out whether to go 23 or 35 next.... May need to flog some records!

The reason the Sony was attractive is that it does eye tracking on animals so it would have worked better in theory when snapping doggo. But I kinda figured that the benefit may be negligible and not worth £200. Anyway, fuji has been ordered. I'll try to work out whether to go 23 or 35 next.... May need to flog some records!
I've taken photos of Joffrey jumping over agility fences, and mine did fine. Most of the blurry shots were my fault rather than the camera. You'll be fine.

Looked last night and I have a 35mm prime.

Back