UK Members

How did we all do with RSD, folks? Everyone get what they wanted? Mogwai was my only definite and I have that, and I'm now just deciding about getting a copy of the Therapy? reissue.
3 from a store and 2 online ..quite restrained for me ...or a dip in Rsd quality maybe ?

Primal Scream is my fav release ..superbly done

The Riot City one, or Dixie Narco?

I missed out on the Kenny Dorham, but still interested in the Primal Scream. I bought the Dixie Narco ep from Woolworths when it came out, but not sure exactly where it is. I'm interested to hear what the Riot City sounds like.

Last edited:
I was up a hill on Sat but a pal picked up Fontaines DC for me. Went into town yesterday and ended up picking up the Mogwai release. Wasn’t much on the list I was bothered about, really.

I’ve seen the ‘Dixie Narco’ EP listed from £18 to £25. Far too much for a four song 12”!

I was up a hill on Sat but a pal picked up Fontaines DC for me. Went into town yesterday and ended up picking up the Mogwai release. Wasn’t much on the list I was bothered about, really.

I’ve seen the ‘Dixie Narco’ EP listed from £18 to £25. Far too much for a four song 12”!
I got the 7 inch version for around a fiver a couple of years ago!

It's a great ep, but overpriced. Most of the RSD releases are well overpriced.

@auttiegrace - here's the UK Members thread. Hit us up if you have any questions, or need details of good online shops based here. Technically, I'm only a UK member for another 2 weeks, but I'll still be lurking!

You will always be welcome in the UK thread @Thackeraye - I’ve not been around much recently (life just getting in the way) But it sort of feels sad to lose you to UK - Haha we have only ever communicated online - It makes not a jot of difference where u live.

You will always be welcome in the UK thread @Thackeraye - I’ve not been around much recently (life just getting in the way) But it sort of feels sad to lose you to UK - Haha we have only ever communicated online - It makes not a jot of difference where u live.
Oh, I'm going nowhere, trust me! Many thanks, much appreciated. I'll definitely be posting here all the time!

Solid Mercury list this year. Lots of good contenders I’d be happy to see win. Would love it to be Mogwai, Floating Points, BCNR, or Sault.
I would love to see Nubya Garcia win. Still crazy to me to think that Source was her debut album, especially when you consider how impactful her EP's and side-woman work has been.

Hey guys, I hope everyone is well.

I have just had a buyer message me from Italy to say that a record that I posted to his has arrived with a dent and that he wants a refund. He said he will send me photos of the damage and the packaging so that I can put a claim in with Royal Mail. I was just wondering if anyone has been through this process before. It was sent Royal Mail International Tracked And Signed and I have all the info needed to put a claim in (paypal receipt to show its value, tracking numbers, post office receipt, etc).

How easy was it? Does it take long to get a response? Any advice/experience would be great.

Edit: Ok so I have just been sent a photo from him and I have to say that I was expecting a proper dent, this is barely noticable. Not sure how to progress with this one, would Royal Mail require a certain level of damage?

Hey guys, I hope everyone is well.

I have just had a buyer message me from Italy to say that a record that I posted to his has arrived with a dent and that he wants a refund. He said he will send me photos of the damage and the packaging so that I can put a claim in with Royal Mail. I was just wondering if anyone has been through this process before. It was sent Royal Mail International Tracked And Signed and I have all the info needed to put a claim in (paypal receipt to show its value, tracking numbers, post office receipt, etc).

How easy was it? Does it take long to get a response? Any advice/experience would be great.

Edit: Ok so I have just been sent a photo from him and I have to say that I was expecting a proper dent, this is barely noticable. Not sure how to progress with this one, would Royal Mail require a certain level of damage?

Claims through mail carriers are notoriously difficult. Getting them to even acknowledge the claim is hard enough. Getting them to pay out is nigh on impossible especially with minor damage that’s very hard to prove they caused. Sorry, I’d like to be more positive. Personally I’d have them verify that it affects play first and then decide how you wish to proceed.

I wonder if you ask them to claim through PayPal if the seller protection covers you?

Claims through mail carriers are notoriously difficult. Getting them to even acknowledge the claim is hard enough. Getting them to pay out is nigh on impossible especially with minor damage that’s very hard to prove they caused. Sorry, I’d like to be more positive. Personally I’d have them
verify that it affects play first and then decide how you wish to proceed.

I wonder if you ask them to claim through PayPal if the seller protection covers you?
Cheers for this Joe, its as I expected to be fair.

The damage is honestly laughable. It's a dent (more like a crease) to the top corner less than 1cm long. It definitely does not affect play.

I messaged for photos of the box itself (which I imagine has little to no damage). Im actually considering the possibility that he's just chancing a partial refund to get some more off. Annoyingly, when he placed the order he didn't consider VAT and wanted to cancel, so I actually offered to knock some money off of the price which he accepted.

Back