UK Members

Rowan

I think the EU have been outflanked by the U.K. with pre ordered vaccines ..and are embarrassed..this is the retaliation...so we had one benefit of being independent... now the payback !

Should have come here for pre ordering tips ...
Yeah. I tend to think the UK vaccine strategy is more an accident than intent given, well, every single other decision they've made since the EU referendum but one country having a system in place hardly seems justification for an epic tantrum and implimentation of the single thing they spent 4 years saying had to be avoided at all costs... In the first month.

It's enabled the hardliners and probably pissed off the moderates. Good work EU

Andy

Just got an update on my New Year's let's spend loads of money & try & save on import chargesfrom Acoustic sounds order. Basically they put the order on hold until they can figure out how to sell to the UK. (Unlike Music Direct who shipped without charging VAT but managed to dink all the sleeves).

I think we are back to square one, as Fedex seem to have upped there costs at point of sale, it was over $50 to ship 4 LP's.

"Effective 1 January, 2021, the UK significantly changed its VAT rules. Sellers from other countries, including the US, are now required to charge and remit a 20% Value Added Tax on orders valued at £135 or less. At the current exchange rate, this is about $185 USD. Your above referenced order falls in this category and is subject to sales VAT instead of import VAT as before.

We must collect this tax and remit it to the UK's Revenue and Customs Service on orders under £135. We have been advised that failure to do so will result in delays at Customs and possible refusal of the parcel and return to the US.

If you would like to add any item(s) to your order to bring it above the £135 threshold, we can ship your order without collecting VAT from you. If so, please respond to this email with your additions. Please hit reply to send an email to our help desk rather than call us. This will help us ensure that your additions will be properly associated with your existing order. Then we will contact you with an updated cost for your shipment.

If you do not want to add items to your order, we will hold it. We are working to program VAT collection capability into our Order Management and Shipping systems and to set up registration and payments to UK Customs. Once we accomplish these tasks, we will ship your order promptly."

Rowan

I'm waiting on this too. I've a £120ish order with elusive disc that's been sitting there since June and they contacted me last week to say it's almost ready to go. Just waiting on the inevitable... 'sorry la. Need another 20 percent off you' now.

Andy

I'm waiting on this too. I've a £120ish order with elusive disc that's been sitting there since June and they contacted me last week to say it's almost ready to go. Just waiting on the inevitable... 'sorry la. Need another 20 percent off you' now.

you might be alright, it supposed to have changed only for purchases made this year.

Andy

what are elusive disc like shipping wise? I’ve not used them

Rowan

what are elusive disc like shipping wise? I’ve not used them
Not cheap to be honest. Think I paid $55 for a $160 order. But their customer service has been great on the occassions I've used them so I usually go with them over music direct. Plus they give you the shipping costs at the outset and occassionally discount them a little. They are great for providing updates too if something isn't in stock.

Rowan

1 becomes 2, 2 becomes 3. Self restraint in record collecting is a hard thing...
There are 5 indies in Newcastle now as well as a few really good used places. All really cool. I try to spread my purchasing across all of them but find that they usually are the last places to sell out of stuff so always worth checking them if you're stuck.