UK Members

If anyone knows somewhere in the UK that has the Jimmy Giuffre - The 3 & 4: New York Concert RSD release could you let me know please? Cheers.

If anyone knows somewhere in the UK that has the Jimmy Giuffre - The 3 & 4: New York Concert RSD release could you let me know please? Cheers.

I don't think I can even remember seeing it on a stock list anywhere. HHV have a countdown on theirs with about 3 hours on it.

Bill Evans sorted?

I don't think I can even remember seeing it on a stock list anywhere. HHV have a countdown on theirs with about 3 hours on it.

Bill Evans sorted?
Ah ok cool, thanks for that!

I did but it was the last one (I was going to message you). Hopefully you got one?

Ah ok cool, thanks for that!

I did but it was the last one (I was going to message you). Hopefully you got one?
Yeah. Grabbed a few things. My local had Don Cherry, Dave Pike and the Mingus so filled my boots. I don't actually own Ah Umm but the likes of the one steps are far too much for me. Almost bought the MOV a few times so hoping this is at least as good but I can't find anything on the source anywhere.

What happens post Brexit? Customs to pay on records from Europe?
Unless you come to some sort of arrangement but as things are looking now it is 99% likely that you’ll be outside the customs union and so you’ll pay customs on goods from the EU the same as from anywhere else in the world.

Last edited:
Posted in the RCM thread but the project VC-S deal is back on ebay and for the rest of the day Top Cashback has 3% on all ebay purchases so the RCM would be £344 with the cashback.

Posted in the RCM thread but the project VC-S deal is back on ebay and for the rest of the day Top Cashback has 3% on all ebay purchases so the RCM would be £344 with the cashback.

Nice one ..that’s my 50th birthday present sorted !

What happens post Brexit? Customs to pay on records from Europe?

Looking like we'll start paying customs charges but retailers should be deducting VAT at source as they do for other non EU countries. That should level out, in fact it could be cheaper because our VAT could be lower than EU. It's just the annoying brokerage charges that the Post Office and DHL etc charge which'll make it unaffordable to import large amounts, I fear.

The Blakey Drum Suite was initially mispressed also. I have it but it's a Jaco Pastorius album in the grooves. Good one though. Nice jazz starter set there for sure.
So was it only Something' Else and Blakey that were mispressed? Something' Else is probably one of the only other jazz albums I know of, so would be tempted to give it a go.

Back