UK Members

BazookaTooth

Ah right I do a clean once I have 10 pieces of vinyl, not fussed about holding out to have 50 or whatever they promise. Also the water is dirty enough after 10 so don’t want to be washing in dirty water by the end of a larger batch!

usually end up doing 30 or so before i cant be bothered anymore.

ByersVinyl

Nice try! In all seriousness, I do have a Spin Clean going if you want it. Offer it up to all the UK kids first, but I might batch clean my singles before I get rid of it

My big debate is over whether I take my CDs with me. They are all ripped, but they are not awful backups. Part of me can’t bear to get rid of them.
You should probably PIF all your vinyl too. Just avoids any risk of long distance travel warp.

Rowan

Anyone know of any hifi shops in the uk doing Black Friday deals? Maybe need a phono stage, so might as well see if I can nab a bargain.
Audio affair ran 5% off last year so possibly worth a look. Plus they do the Graham Slee range

phramenma

Sorry for spamming this lovely UK Members thread, but I'll need your support - cross post from the Pre-Order Thread:

Here's a cry for help addressing all the London folks (once again):

This should've been the perfect Christmas present for the wild horses fan club but sadly never showed in stock for me.
Supposedly, there are still copies left in the Rolling Stones Store (No.9 Carnaby St) if somebody is trying to get a copy anyway, please send me a DM and I'll make up for the inconvenience.

The Rolling Stones – Sticky Fingers (Carnaby Street Exclusive Stones Red Vinyl) (Half Speed Master 180g Vinyl)

ByersVinyl

Sorry for spamming this lovely UK Members thread, but I'll need your support - cross post from the Pre-Order Thread:

Here's a cry for help addressing all the London folks (once again):

This should've been the perfect Christmas present for the wild horses fan club but sadly never showed in stock for me.
Supposedly, there are still copies left in the Rolling Stones Store (No.9 Carnaby St) if somebody is trying to get a copy anyway, please send me a DM and I'll make up for the inconvenience.

The Rolling Stones – Sticky Fingers (Carnaby Street Exclusive Stones Red Vinyl) (Half Speed Master 180g Vinyl)

Im not London based but I am wandering Mcr City Ctr tomorrow (work reasons) and I pass close to 3 record shops I will check out. Long shot but u never know.....
Edit : oh shudders read that post in more detail, I think chances of finding it in Mcr are very slim 😂

phramenma

Im not London based but I am wandering Mcr City Ctr tomorrow (work reasons) and I pass close to 3 record shops I will check out. Long shot but u never know.....
Thank you so much for your kindness but please note that this record is only available at the Rolling Stones flag store: No.9 Carnaby St :cry:

Rowan

Could be dangerous but Hifi Madness (Audio Affairs ebay outlet)is part of the nectar 20% off offer on eBay at the minute. Think discount is capped at £60 but still worth a rummage.

Rowan

Posting here because, to be honest, I think it may be lost on non UK folk but I used the phrase 'boxes of Johnny's everywhere' in a meeting today and there were at least 5 or 6 people on the call who didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

Do people actually still use that term or is it massively outdated? I felt like a total dinosaur!

Gavaxeman

Posting here because, to be honest, I think it may be lost on non UK folk but I used the phrase 'boxes of Johnny's everywhere' in a meeting today and there were at least 5 or 6 people on the call who didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

Do people actually still use that term or is it massively outdated? I felt like a total dinosaur!
Try using the term Hi-Fi....instant blank looks all round

Rowan

Trying to work out what to do about Christmas now. Been a pretty depressing day. Not even enjoying Strictly, it's that much of a downer!
Would this have been your last one in the country too? It must be an absolute kicker for you, mate. Just remember though. While this one will be shit next year you'll be enjoying balls out summer christmas and will either surfing of BBQ-ing your turkey (or veggie alternative) in a nice new pair of flip flops.

Thackeraye

Would this have been your last one in the country too? It must be an absolute kicker for you, mate. Just remember though. While this one will be shit next year you'll be enjoying balls out summer christmas and will either surfing of BBQ-ing your turkey (or veggie alternative) in a nice new pair of flip flops.
Flip flops are thongs in Oz, just one of the many cultural differences!

Yup, was going to be our last one. Makes it a lot harder. Still need to work everything out, but it looks like we'll be away for a big dog walk...

Rowan

Heads up Royal Mail not shipping to Europe currently from U.K. ..not sure if that means not accepting shipments in to the U.K. either ...
Brexit means Brexit even if its a week early.

Plus, you know, massive queues at the port will be the standard from now on so we may as well get a bit of sneaky, early practice in