UK Members

Selaws

Heads up Royal Mail not shipping to Europe currently from U.K. ..not sure if that means not accepting shipments in to the U.K. either ...
I just came on here to say this. I just posted 2 records at the post office and because they kind of know me now one of the posties came over to let me know about the suspension of shipments to Europe.

Complete nightmare for some people I imagine, especially those with family in different Europen countries.

Selaws

Do any of you guys have any recommendations for cleaning fluid? Preferably from a UK shop/seller.

Rowan

Do any of you guys have any recommendations for cleaning fluid? Preferably from a UK shop/seller.
I picked up some of that christo from analogue seduction on ebay. It has 10% off at the minute and free delivery

Selaws

You used up your initial batch already? I must not be using enough!
Yeah I have half a squeeze bottle made up then im out. I have used it quite a bit to be fair. Every record I play I clean (unless I have already cleaned it) and I have also batch cleaned a few dozen as well.

I picked up some of that christo from analogue seduction on ebay. It has 10% off at the minute and free delivery

Ah cheers for this, I ordered it in that US deal but they cancelled so might pick up this. I also saw that amazon has 500ml of the Pro-Ject Wash It (the stuff that came with the cleaning system) for £29 which I thought to be pretty good as well.

Thackeraye

Yeah I have half a squeeze bottle made up then im out. I have used it quite a bit to be fair. Every record I play I clean (unless I have already cleaned it) and I have also batch cleaned a few dozen as well.

Ah cheers for this, I ordered it in that US deal but they cancelled so might pick up this. I also saw that amazon has 500ml of the Pro-Ject Wash It (the stuff that came with the cleaning system) for £29 which I thought to be pretty good as well.
I’ve done 100 records so far and I think I have a bit to go. Think my mix might be a little light on cleaner - mine isn’t all that frothy if that makes sense.

Selaws

I’ve done 100 records so far and I think I have a bit to go. Think my mix might be a little light on cleaner - mine isn’t all that frothy if that makes sense.
Yeah makes sense. I think the instructions were 1:10 to 1:20 so I think I used a 1:15 mix as a compromise. I was just looking at my shelves to judge how many I have cleaned and it's actually quite a lot really, so no wonder its almost used up. Its one of those situations where the initial clean will seem to use up a lot but then going forward it should begin to be less (apart from new pick-ups).

Thackeraye

Yeah makes sense. I think the instructions were 1:10 to 1:20 so I think I used a 1:15 mix as a compromise. I was just looking at my shelves to judge how many I have cleaned and it's actually quite a lot really, so no wonder its almost used up. Its one of those situations where the initial clean will seem to use up a lot but then going forward it should begin to be less (apart from new pick-ups).
I'm going to be doing my next 100 soon. I just got a bunch of MoFi style inners from Spincare.co.uk. Look fairly similar to MoFi's, but crucially at half the price. Nearly done with my 7"'s as well, but doing these on the Spin Clean.

Rowan

Rowan

That’s Scotland in another lockdown, for at least the month of January. If it means we avoid slipping on the black ice that’s out there then it’s not a bad thing.

Hope you’re all safe and well.
Looks like England is coming right in behind too.

Selaws

Looks like England is coming right in behind too.
I imagine that will be the 8pm announcement.

Honestly, its something I think should have happened months ago. New Zealand should be seen as the 'how to do it correctly' country. I have a mate in Australia who went to a full-capacity rugby game at the weekend because they seem to have sorted it out as well.

Rowan

Honestly, its something I think should have happened months ago. New Zealand should be seen as the 'how to do it correctly' country. I have a mate in Australia who went to a full-capacity rugby game at the weekend because they seem to have sorted it out as well.
Im not entirely sure you can take one model and apply universally to be honest. Especially not with some shit house tin box like the UK. Plus, let's be honest, while we arent out whacking hitchhikers every night we do have a pretty knackerish population whose outright desire to exercise our freedoms seems to be now manifesting itself into one big pissing contest over who can be the biggest arse hole. Its a grim old affair though. No doubt

Selaws

Im not entirely sure you can take one model and apply universally to be honest. Especially not with some shit house tin box like the UK. Plus, let's be honest, while we arent out whacking hitchhikers every night we do have a pretty knackerish population whose outright desire to exercise our freedoms seems to be now manifesting itself into one big pissing contest over who can be the biggest arse hole. Its a grim old affair though. No doubt
Yeah you only need to check facebook or go to your towns high street to see that people would prefer to do what they want over taking the governments advice, even if it meant that lives would be saved.

Thackeraye

Yeah, it’s quite unnerving seeing our friends in Melbourne meeting up for lunch and stuff.

hamicle

If it means we avoid slipping on the black ice that’s out there then it’s not a bad thing.
You’ve reminded me of my cartoon-ish faceplant last week when I went for a (socially distanced) walk with my sister. We cut across a grassy area as we thought that would be better than the unsalted pavements, came to an icy path that needed crossed and before I even stepped on the path both feet went out from under me on the packed-down grass at the edge.

My memory is that I just fell flat like a tree - nothing really broke my fall, my belly, left elbow and knee took the brunt of it and I got my hands down in time to keep my face off the ground, late enough to also avoid any damage to my wrists. No harm done, just can’t recall ever falling like that before.

Thackeraye

You’ve reminded me of my cartoon-ish faceplant last week when I went for a (socially distanced) walk with my sister. We cut across a grassy area as we thought that would be better than the unsalted pavements, came to an icy path that needed crossed and before I even stepped on the path both feet went out from under me on the packed-down grass at the edge.

My memory is that I just fell flat like a tree - nothing really broke my fall, my belly, left elbow and knee took the brunt of it and I got my hands down in time to keep my face off the ground, late enough to also avoid any damage to my wrists. No harm done, just can’t recall ever falling like that before.