UK Members

Morning team.

I was just wondering if any of you know of any shops that are running an online-only service for RSD this year? My local is one of them but only has 1 copy of each of the records that I am after this Saturday, so I run the risk of being beaten to the post.

Cheers.

Morning team.

I was just wondering if any of you know of any shops that are running an online-only service for RSD this year? My local is one of them but only has 1 copy of each of the records that I am after this Saturday, so I run the risk of being beaten to the post.

Cheers.
it's not online only, but I know Monorail are putting stuff on at 6pm...

it's not online only, but I know Monorail are putting stuff on at 6pm...
Cheers, I will check them out. I know a few places are putting stuff after 6pm, but by that point I'm thinking they will have sold most of their stock in the day. I'm just hoping that the 2 I am after are kind of obscure enough that no one is looking for them. The 2 I'm hoping for is 'Bob James - Once Upon A Time: The Lost 1965 New York Studio Sessions' and 'Gene Russell - New Directions'.

Both of my locals are doing online sales from 6pm.
Le Freak will be going via their Discogs page.
Assai already have their stock listed (but not for sale) at their website to allow pre-browsing: www.assai.co.uk
Thanks for this, I will certainly use these as a back-up. Also, I watched the Assai RSD video and Hamish is fantastic :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for this, I will certainly use these as a back-up. Also, I watched the Assai RSD video and Hamish is fantastic :ROFLMAO:
Ha! I hadn’t watched it until now. Hamish works in the Edinburgh store (and if I’m not mistaken records as Hamish Hawk). His equally social-media friendly Dundee equivalent is Gary, who is also the frontman of a band called Echo Machine. Assai’s in-house label has released records by both.

I’m doing online only this year , can’t face being up at 3am to wait in a queue wearing masks whilst dodging West Midlands covid spike for a shop that might have limited stock..disappointed they didn’t go the pre appt slot system I suggested for long-standing customers instead of allowing the traditional free for all

I’m doing online only this year , can’t face being up at 3am to wait in a queue wearing masks whilst dodging West Midlands covid spike for a shop that might have limited stock..disappointed they didn’t go the pre appt slot system I suggested for long-standing customers instead of allowing the traditional free for all
I'd personally prefer all places to go online only with a maximum of one of each record per customer (to avoid flippers).

Don’t know if any other members received tracking info last week but mine processed rapidly. It passed thru customs immediately and is at local yodel depot for delivery tomorrow.
All in would be 1 week from receiving tracking info - assuming all goes to plan tomorrow.

It doesn’t make up for the 7 week delay but at least i’m nearly done with them after my brief return.

Cheers, I will check them out. I know a few places are putting stuff after 6pm, but by that point I'm thinking they will have sold most of their stock in the day. I'm just hoping that the 2 I am after are kind of obscure enough that no one is looking for them. The 2 I'm hoping for is 'Bob James - Once Upon A Time: The Lost 1965 New York Studio Sessions' and 'Gene Russell - New Directions'.
Monorail don't have either or those titles on their list, sorry. Tried another Glasgow Shop and it wasn't on theirs either. Good luck hunting for them...

Monorail don't have either or those titles on their list, sorry. Tried another Glasgow Shop and it wasn't on theirs either. Good luck hunting for them...
Cheers for looking! Going to just have to cross my fingers and hope one of the shops I have lined-up has a copy.

Well got home to new records - I’m amazed I have received records from first tracking email in 6 days !

Last edited:
Banquet are doing online only from 6pm. No in-store. So might be worth a look although I imagine the site will struggle with traffic.
Banquets my local that I am hoping to use. They've been pretty good with online releases in the past BUT do tend to struggle when large amounts of traffic are involved.

Just putting it here as well, if anyone sees a copy of Sun Ra - Egypt '71 online, or Thelonious Monk - palais des beaux-arts could you please let me know? Cheers

Just putting it here as well, if anyone sees a copy of Sun Ra - Egypt '71 online, or Thelonious Monk - palais des beaux-arts could you please let me know? Cheers

I'll keep an eye out. And if anyone sees Ron Carter, I'd love it if you let me know!

EDIT: the label seems to have copies if anyone's looking for one

Last edited:
Back