UK Members

Selaws

Hey guys, was hoping you could help me with a customs/import fee issue.

I ordered 3 records from the US and the seller (Resonance Records) listed the value at 30USD (approx £25). I had to pay £18.92 customs charge on it. Now its arrived I was able to see the declared value and it just doesn't add up to me. As far as I am aware, Customs fees on goods over £15 is 20%. 20% of £25 is £5, plus the £8 handling fee is £13. I don't get where the £18.92 figure has come from.

Is anyone familiar with this that could shed some light please?

IMG_8474.JPG

IMG_8475.JPG

Selaws

The VAT charge gets applied to the shipping costs too.
Ahhhh ok maybe this is where it came from then. I couldn't for the life of me work out why it was such an obscure number.

Luckily, I still managed to get my items cheaper than anywhere else even with the import. Just less of a deal than if I wasn't hit with it.

Thanks for the help buddy!

Thackeraye

Just a heads up for U.K. folks, there’s a lot of Glastonbury archive footage on BBC iPlayer just now. Some cool performances.

I watched some PJ Harvey earlier from 2004. Pretty sure I saw her on that tour in Glasgow and cannot believe it was 16 years ago! No idea where the time went.
I was at that Glasgow gig as well!

Selaws

Out of interest have any of you guys ordered anything from America in the past couple of weeks? Im due a replacement record (they sent the same lp twice) but they are saying that USPS are no longer delivering internationally while COVID is still active. I asked if it was possible for them to use another service as USPS has no idea when they will be running again and I was told that the majority of delivery companies have halted international shipping.

Selaws

I ordered a present for Mrs n (and no it wasn’t a record!) from the USA on the 19/6 and it arrived today
Do you know which postal service was used? I found it hard to believe the whole of the US have just locked international postage haha

heartswells

If anyone here sends stuff to US regularly, Royal Mail are heavily hiking up the price of postage from tomorrow, think on average will cost an extra £5 or so. Don't see any difference between inland parcels or UK to EU prices.

Selaws

If anyone here sends stuff to US regularly, Royal Mail are heavily hiking up the price of postage from tomorrow, think on average will cost an extra £5 or so. Don't see any difference between inland parcels or UK to EU prices.
Damn, is that a permanent thing or just because of COVID-19? I tend to send a lot of records abroad which the buyer pays for, but if they bump it up I don't there would be as much interest as its already pretty pricey.