UK Members

Poly-Rythmo

Quick question re VMP - I just got the Norah Jones AP pressing and VMP declared a customs value of $15 on it. Does anybody know how much they put down for a ROTM, or two or three if you add tracks? Norwegian customs are very aggressive so just wanting to understand how VMP do it to avoid getting stung. (I'm coming up to my final month with VMP and of course they've yet to send me an actual ROTM! Just wondering if I should max out this month or not)

Selaws

Quick question re VMP - I just got the Norah Jones AP pressing and VMP declared a customs value of $15 on it. Does anybody know how much they put down for a ROTM, or two or three if you add tracks? Norwegian customs are very aggressive so just wanting to understand how VMP do it to avoid getting stung. (I'm coming up to my final month with VMP and of course they've yet to send me an actual ROTM! Just wondering if I should max out this month or not)
So if you remember a while ago there were talks of VMP declaring the full value on items and people getting stung by customs. I began taking note of each package I received to make sure I didnt get a ton of custom fees. As it happens they have only ever declared the value as 1usd for me, so I have never had to pay customs on anything from them, including big boxes (I still think they made a loss when I bought the Kanto YU6 speakers from them.....shipping must of been a killer on their end). 15usd sounds like such a random figure to add to the AP's as well.

Poly-Rythmo

So if you remember a while ago there were talks of VMP declaring the full value on items and people getting stung by customs. I began taking note of each package I received to make sure I didnt get a ton of custom fees. As it happens they have only ever declared the value as 1usd for me, so I have never had to pay customs on anything from them, including big boxes (I still think they made a loss when I bought the Kanto YU6 speakers from them.....shipping must of been a killer on their end). 15usd sounds like such a random figure to add to the AP's as well.
OK, Cool. If everyone else is the same sounds like I'm OK (but would still prefer to get one myself). I've always thought they could try to get round it by arguing you paid a subscription upfront so the actual record is "free". The problem is - as always with customs - if I get caught with a $35 record, I have to pay $35 extra in fees 😬

Selaws

OK, Cool. If everyone else is the same sounds like I'm OK (but would still prefer to get one myself). I've always thought they could try to get round it by arguing you paid a subscription upfront so the actual record is "free". The problem is - as always with customs - if I get caught with a $35 record, I have to pay $35 extra in fees 😬
Yeah I totally get your worry. I always said that the day I get hit with customs is the day I will cancel my VMP sub. The free shipping makes the majority of their releases the cheaper option for me......but not with customs fees on top.

Bsdmr2

I've not been hit with any charges either from VMP as they still appear to be declaring at $1. The moment they don't then I too will 100% be out, as the additional fees are not worth it.

I wonder if the $15 AP is the cost they are incurring as commission / royalties / licencing to AP on each record?

MigraineBoy

I’ve been hit with the occasional customs charge at VMP, it just happens sometimes with no real pattern, it can be a large box with maybe 8 records in (this was a long time ago!) or just the single record. I’ve just had an email from the Royal Mail about my Presidents of the United States of America Kickstarter LP for the S/T release and that I have to pay £15 in total to get it through customs and handling fees. It’s very bloody frustrating.

Thackeraye

Hi UK team! I need a handful of 10" outer sleeves and via Amazon I think the smallest amount I can order is 25. I don't need that much, so does anyone want to chip in and split the order, or does anyone have some going spare (around 5) that I can buy?

Hope everyone is safe and well.

BazookaTooth

Hi UK team! I need a handful of 10" outer sleeves and via Amazon I think the smallest amount I can order is 25. I don't need that much, so does anyone want to chip in and split the order, or does anyone have some going spare (around 5) that I can buy?

Hope everyone is safe and well.
i can check later. if i have some i can send em you for a couple of euros shipping costs.
its a letter so 3,70 max, not sure hiw if compares to your deal. do they have to be new ?

BazookaTooth

I’m £8 for 25, so that’s your base point! New isn’t a bother at all. Thanks!
i found a few , new ones, not sure its worth it but if 8 or so is all you ever gonna need , i can send em to you for 3,70 €.
maybe some UK member comes through too. offer stands anyways, just pm me.

also : are record stores closed in the UK ?

Thackeraye

i found a few , new ones, not sure its worth it but if 8 or so is all you ever gonna need , i can send em to you for 3,70 €.
maybe some UK member comes through too. offer stands anyways, just pm me.

also : are record stores closed in the UK ?
At the moment, yes, particularly in Scotland where we are a bit more full-on with our lockdown. Ah, I might just get the 25, it's probably all I'll ever need for life! Thanks for the offer, really appreciate it.