UK Members

OK, Cool. If everyone else is the same sounds like I'm OK (but would still prefer to get one myself). I've always thought they could try to get round it by arguing you paid a subscription upfront so the actual record is "free". The problem is - as always with customs - if I get caught with a $35 record, I have to pay $35 extra in fees 😬
Yeah I totally get your worry. I always said that the day I get hit with customs is the day I will cancel my VMP sub. The free shipping makes the majority of their releases the cheaper option for me......but not with customs fees on top.

I've not been hit with any charges either from VMP as they still appear to be declaring at $1. The moment they don't then I too will 100% be out, as the additional fees are not worth it.

I wonder if the $15 AP is the cost they are incurring as commission / royalties / licencing to AP on each record?

Hi UK team! I need a handful of 10" outer sleeves and via Amazon I think the smallest amount I can order is 25. I don't need that much, so does anyone want to chip in and split the order, or does anyone have some going spare (around 5) that I can buy?

Hope everyone is safe and well.

Hi UK team! I need a handful of 10" outer sleeves and via Amazon I think the smallest amount I can order is 25. I don't need that much, so does anyone want to chip in and split the order, or does anyone have some going spare (around 5) that I can buy?

Hope everyone is safe and well.

i can check later. if i have some i can send em you for a couple of euros shipping costs.
its a letter so 3,70 max, not sure hiw if compares to your deal. do they have to be new ?

I’m £8 for 25, so that’s your base point! New isn’t a bother at all. Thanks!

i found a few , new ones, not sure its worth it but if 8 or so is all you ever gonna need , i can send em to you for 3,70 €.
maybe some UK member comes through too. offer stands anyways, just pm me.

also : are record stores closed in the UK ?

i found a few , new ones, not sure its worth it but if 8 or so is all you ever gonna need , i can send em to you for 3,70 €.
maybe some UK member comes through too. offer stands anyways, just pm me.

also : are record stores closed in the UK ?
At the moment, yes, particularly in Scotland where we are a bit more full-on with our lockdown. Ah, I might just get the 25, it's probably all I'll ever need for life! Thanks for the offer, really appreciate it.

Hey guys, was hoping you could help me with a customs/import fee issue.

I ordered 3 records from the US and the seller (Resonance Records) listed the value at 30USD (approx £25). I had to pay £18.92 customs charge on it. Now its arrived I was able to see the declared value and it just doesn't add up to me. As far as I am aware, Customs fees on goods over £15 is 20%. 20% of £25 is £5, plus the £8 handling fee is £13. I don't get where the £18.92 figure has come from.

Is anyone familiar with this that could shed some light please?

IMG_8474.JPG

IMG_8475.JPG

The VAT charge gets applied to the shipping costs too.
Ahhhh ok maybe this is where it came from then. I couldn't for the life of me work out why it was such an obscure number.

Luckily, I still managed to get my items cheaper than anywhere else even with the import. Just less of a deal than if I wasn't hit with it.

Thanks for the help buddy!

Just a heads up for U.K. folks, there’s a lot of Glastonbury archive footage on BBC iPlayer just now. Some cool performances.

I watched some PJ Harvey earlier from 2004. Pretty sure I saw her on that tour in Glasgow and cannot believe it was 16 years ago! No idea where the time went.

Just a heads up for U.K. folks, there’s a lot of Glastonbury archive footage on BBC iPlayer just now. Some cool performances.

I watched some PJ Harvey earlier from 2004. Pretty sure I saw her on that tour in Glasgow and cannot believe it was 16 years ago! No idea where the time went.
I was at that Glasgow gig as well!

Out of interest have any of you guys ordered anything from America in the past couple of weeks? Im due a replacement record (they sent the same lp twice) but they are saying that USPS are no longer delivering internationally while COVID is still active. I asked if it was possible for them to use another service as USPS has no idea when they will be running again and I was told that the majority of delivery companies have halted international shipping.

I ordered a present for Mrs n (and no it wasn’t a record!) from the USA on the 19/6 and it arrived today
Do you know which postal service was used? I found it hard to believe the whole of the US have just locked international postage haha

Back